Original topic:

Earbuds not working

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 3:51 PM)
userzDMTOfdCJx
Constellation
Options
Note10

I bought my (very expensive) Samsung Note 10 Plus in September 2019.

Since day 1, the phone doesn't recognize the headphones and continues to play out of the phone's speakers. 

In March 2020, when the phone was 6 months old, I took it to Verizon for help. They had no availabile phone to check the headphones with. The pandemic hit, and it wasn't until August that I went back and Verizon couldn't get them to work on a different Note 10 phone.  Call Samsung, they said. 

After calling and following troubleshooting advice, which included downloading a Samsung support app from the Play Store, it still didn't work.  

I paid for an extended warranty but Verizon says accessories aren't covered. Today I called Samsung and long story short, they will not help me. Buy new headphones, they said, because your warranty with Samsung expired on 9/05/20, or send it in for a repair at your expense,  plus a $70 service fee. 

I'm quite upset. This is a known issue, so much so that there are troubleshooting guides made for it. If a company cannot stand behind their product that they know is defective,  on a $1200 phone, then ..... that's poor business sense. 

Asking for help here is my last ditch effort, before I upgrade to a different brand. 

Can you please advise? I've already followed all the tips from these boards to no avail. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jamuz
Constellation
Options
Note10
what make and model of ear buds?? My note 10+ works fine with Bluetooth ear buds, and mine are cheap soundcore ones from Walmart.
0 Likes
userzDMTOfdCJx
Constellation
Options
Note10

They are wired earbuds. AMG from Samsung. 

@Jamuz wrote:
what make and model of ear buds?? My note 10+ works fine with Bluetooth ear buds, and mine are cheap soundcore ones from Walmart.

0 Likes
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Note10
LG has a new one plus that tmo is pushing
0 Likes