cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

EdgeScreen Panels (missing Take Screenshot option)

PLEASE help me. I am in my 70s and technology is getting more and more challenging, especially for my husband. I don't know what he did, but now the Edge Screen panel that I set up to slide out and just have the screenshot option on it is gone, and, when I went back into DISPLAY, EDGE PANEL to edit tasks and add it back, the option for Take Screenshots is grayed out (like it had already) been selected (except that it is not there).  The software is the latest version. We recently had to switch out our phone after his Note 10+ battery quit charging, so perhaps that is relevant?

PLEASE tell me how to fix this because when my dear sweet but driving-me-crazy husband messes up something on his phone, using that screenshot shortcut was the quickest and easiest way for him to take a picture of the "mess" so that I can try to fix it when he comes home.  Do I need to re-insall the EdgeScreen app to fix the issue or can you help me another way.  I would deeply appreciate your help. We are loyal Samsung fans (we have your products all over our home), but this phone issue is really stressing me out. Usually, I can solve most issues (or just uninstall and then reinstall the app), but I cannot find where I can redownload this app by Samsung Electronics so w  can do that on this phone.  

It was so convenient just to slide out that edge and tap Take Screenshot... can anyone help me get it working again?  It worked extremely well for a year until we had to buy another Note 10+ because they couldn't fix our first one.

HELP?

Donna Guidry in Texas

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: EdgeScreen Panels (missing Take Screenshot option)

I just picked up a Note 10+.  It would appear you are ahead of me.  I loved the slide-out panel feature on my Note 9,  and am very disappointed with my Note 10+ as I don't even have the option for the Edge Panel anymore.  Odd because I can see numerous articles on the interent showing how to enable, but as you can see from screenshot, it's not a vaild option for me.  In saying that, you can also take a screen shot by *quickly* pressing the volume down and power button simultaneously.

Screenshot_20200927-183059_Edge screen.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@TheRealThomas wrote:

I just picked up a Note 10+.  It would appear you are ahead of me.  I loved the slide-out panel feature on my Note 9,  and am very disappointed with my Note 10+ as I don't even have the option for the Edge Panel anymore.  Odd because I can see numerous articles on the interent showing how to enable, but as you can see from screenshot, it's not a vaild option for me.  In saying that, you can also take a screen shot by *quickly* pressing the volume down and power button simultaneously.

The Note 10+ definitely has the Edge panel. If you aren't seeing it, I would recommend deleting the cache partition. 

To do that:

1. Turn off the device. 
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons.
  4. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  5. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  6. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  7. Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
  8. Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
  9. Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I've just tried wiping the cache as per your suggestion, there is still no option to enable the panels.  There is only one option:  Edge Lighting  (see previous screen shot).  Phone was purchased yesterday (new) and has all available updates installed.  Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@TheRealThomas wrote:

I've just tried wiping the cache as per your suggestion, there is still no option to enable the panels.  There is only one option:  Edge Lighting  (see previous screen shot).  Phone was purchased yesterday (new) and has all available updates installed.  Thanks

I would try  deleting the cache for each of the Edge apps.

• Edge screen
  • Edge Touch
  • Edge Lighting+
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can you provide a click path?  Under Apps (all showing), there is no Edge app of anykind showing.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

OH, this is really humbling, but I am not sure what you mean by click path... you mean how I get to the option?  I hope that is what you meant.  Okay, here goes:

1. settings

2. display

3. edge screen

4. edge panels

5. tasks ... edit 

6. the very bottom option includes an entry called "advanced features"

7. I normally would click on "take screenshots", but after getting a new Note 10+ and moving the data over to the new one, that "take screenshots" is now grayed out so that I cannot select it to add to my "tasks" panel.

I would greatly appreciate your help.  We are elderly and not quite ready to give up on technology, but it is getting harder and harder to handle the troubleshooting.  Thank you for trying to help.  Donna in Texas

Highlighted
Asteroid

I probably made a mistake calling it an app... it is actually just a module in the phone, correct?  Sorry.  Donna

Highlighted
Asteroid

When you say "This will return the device to the normal interface" does that mean it will change any of my other settings besides fixing the missing Take Screenshot option in the task panel I have showing?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userhDs0u0bHLK wrote:

When you say "This will return the device to the normal interface" does that mean it will change any of my other settings besides fixing the missing Take Screenshot option in the task panel I have showing?

Deleting the cache partition will not delete or change any user data. It also will not delete apps that you have installed.