JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not receiving Wireless Emergency Alerts

(Topic created: 02-21-2023 05:13 PM)
RetroTheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was put under a tornado warning right for my location, I was warned via NOAA weather radio but my phone never went off at all for the warning with W.E.A. but my brothers iPhone did go off. Is it an issue with my phone or does it have something to do with my mobile carrier?
8 Replies
xkhx
Halo
Options
Note20
Do you also have an iPhone like your brother? I'm sorry I have Samsung not iPhone but I'll show you how to get to the settings on my phone, maybe it's similar on yours.

I thought phones automatically come with the setting set ON for the emergency alerts but maybe not.

If your setting is already turned on, yet you didn't get the alert, then I'm sorry I don't know why else. Perhaps you could call your carrier.

Setting
Notifications
Advanced settings
Wireless emergency alerts

Hope this helps.Screenshot_20230221-200755_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230221-200804_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg
RetroTheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'll probably call my carrier, I use a Samsung note 20 ultra and all the alerts are on including test alerts. Thank you.
xkhx
Halo
Options
Note20
Oh ok, sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope you find the solution.
Take care
RetroTheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Note20
You take care as well 🙂
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Thanks for your input these are the same directions that I mentioned in my post, but sometimes the address that is listed in the wifi calling settings may not be accurate sometimes
userEfjAzUq2g3
Constellation
Options
Note20
All that is setup on my Samsung fold 4 and I don't get any emergency alerts or warnings. Everyone else phones are going off but not mine
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
I had a similar experience with my Samsung galaxy device, please open up The settings for your notifications then tap on the advanced settings menu and at the bottom is the wireless emergency alerts, open up The settings and make sure that all of the Settings are enabled correctly if everything is set up correctly then next open up The settings for your location and make sure that Emergency location is turned on and also turn on the Google location accuracy is enabled, the last step is to open your settings for your connections and then go to the settings for wifi calling and you will see a setting That updates Emergency your Address this is what Your Local Emergency Services uses to help Fire or Ems police to help locate you In a Emergency, by checking this settings you should receive Alerts for Weather events, but if you're still not receiving them Contact your Cellular carrier and explain exactly what you posted so they can double check your device Alerts
RetroTheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Okay, will do. Thank you. 😊
0 Likes