cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3V2QcqeyLX
Constellation

Extremely disappointed!

I bought a NEW Note 10 plus a couple of days ago and it just came in the mail today. The disappointment comes from the fact that the phone did not appear to be new! The sticker on the box was loose and on the far corner??!! When I opened the box, the phone had smudges on it, like really nasty smudges and finger prints. I also saw scuffs on the phone along the edges?!! I can understand having a phone malfunction, that stuff can happen to any electronic component... but paying 1100 dollars for a NEW phone and getting something else? I spoke to customer service by phone and chat... was told I had to ship everything back, and reorder? The phone came with some extras... so I now have to run around and waste my time, because I bought a new phone and got a used/restocked one? I am truly disappointed, there is no excuse for this type of thing to happen. Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Extremely disappointed!

@user3V2QcqeyLX wrote:

I bought a NEW Note 10 plus a couple of days ago and it just came in the mail today. The disappointment comes from the fact that the phone did not appear to be new! The sticker on the box was loose and on the far corner??!! When I opened the box, the phone had smudges on it, like really nasty smudges and finger prints. I also saw scuffs on the phone along the edges?!! I can understand having a phone malfunction, that stuff can happen to any electronic component... but paying 1100 dollars for a NEW phone and getting something else? I spoke to customer service by phone and chat... was told I had to ship everything back, and reorder? The phone came with some extras... so I now have to run around and waste my time, because I bought a new phone and got a used/restocked one? I am truly disappointed, there is no excuse for this type of thing to happen. Smiley Sad

If you bought it through Samsung.com, do they still offer some extras you mentioned?  So if you re-order, you might still get them.  I believe you would be in the similar situation if your device would of been defective and you would still need to return it.

It is expensive device and I do understand that things happen and you are correct about phone being defective is one thing but being re-packaged?!  I do know that sometimes manufacturers will re-open packages to re-check packaging and quality and then re-seal.

BariPapi
Constellation

That's what happens when you buy from Ebay 😂😂😂

user9xnZlx9zRi
Constellation

Samsung suck , they stole my note 8 last year. I sent it for trade in they told me they didn't receive it but someone signed for the package.

ethan98
Astronaut

Where did you order from...? Amazon?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi there @user3V2QcqeyLX, when you ordered your device did you opt in to having the SIM card preinstalled?