cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userj8GWSD4Bpm
Astronaut

FURIOUS with this 10.0 update

Just updated my Note 10+ to 10.0... and it was a MISTAKE. Ever since the update, my phone has been unresponsive, glitchy and lags terribly. My phone is barely useable. I started reading of other people's issues with it and decided to reach out to samsung... I'm currently on chat with them now. At 10:11am I was connected to John, a Samsung "expert". I explained my problem and he gave me instructions to discard a minor bug in the system.

"Thanks for the info. Let's try to discard a minor system bug issue doing a wipe cache partition. This procedure don't delete any of your files, as videos or photos. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device."

First off, John, it's Volume down key and bixby button to start this process. Volume up and bixby key does NOTHING. Secondly, I tried with volume down, and never got a recovery menu. 

I explained this to John at 10:16am, and it's currently 10:40am and I'm STILL waiting for a response. How FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

Thanks for your support Samsung & team.

IMG-0013.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
dmt98239
Constellation

Re: FURIOUS with this 10.0 update

I always end up resetting my phone after a "update" - never seems to ruin right until I do.

userX6omBxty29
Constellation

I haven't even updated mine yet and I'm having major issues, very disappointed. I have tmobile, when I asked at the site about complaints on this phone he told me since there is no 5g in my area right now to change my setting to 2g-3g because my phone is constantly searching for 5g signal which made sense but didn't improve anything.

Highlighted

I don't think wiping the cache partition will help. A reflash of the update will most likely help.

userJvLOHKAk0C
Constellation

My 10+ updated last week and 3 days later turned off and wouldn't boot back up. Wouldn't factory reset either. Had to take it in to repair shop. They had problems overwriting the software and had to call Samsung themselves to get it working. Very frustrating. Works fine now but they installed a completwly different software supposwdly.

Samsung_PjAXXrL
Astronaut

I bought the phone for my own personal and I don't want to share my phone number for message some who I don't know, unless the person who is using this phone for their personal message will be charged with trespassing for using my phone for personal information or messages...

user4dWLeIdb9n
Constellation

Show power button on Bixby

user4dWLeIdb9n
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Show power button on Bixby

Samsung Care Ambassador

Wow, sorry to hear this happened! Since you've already reached out to Samsung support and they recommended the wipe cache partition already, I think you should go to a UBreakIFix store and have them run a diagnostic test to see what the problem is? They're an authorized Samsung service center. They can also reflash the software if there was a bug in the update. 

Samsung_YHjMNfA
Astronaut

Mine to it running slower , a lot of things