cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Factory Reset

My 4 yo daughter managed to factory reset my locked phone which was on the table. Besides the problem of how she even managed to factory reset a locked phone without my credentials or pin, is there any way at all to recover my photos and videos (did not have a cloud backup). Too many memories I would hate to lose. Please help! @Rydah 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Factory Reset

Hey @userOBCAkYaAAg, I hope you're doing well. 

I'm sorry to hear that all of your data has been deleted from your phone.  Although there is no way for me to 100% confirm this is what happened, I do have an idea how it did.

In Settings>Lock screen>Secure lock settings there is a setting called "Auto factory reset." By default, this setting is NOT enabled. Here is a description of the feature:Auto factory resetAuto factory reset

Unfortunately without any cloud backups, it's close to impossible to recover your data after a factory reset. I'd recommend double checking Google Photos and Samsung Cloud for hopefully some automated backups that you may have not known about.

In the future, I'd recommend not turning this option on. 

Again, I'm very sorry this has happened to you but I hope this sheds some light onto how this could have happened. 

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.