JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 11:30 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
userQioyeYmd6I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THIS IS NOT "SOLVED" I have done everything from clearing the cache, reseting back to factory, cleaning with alchol and qtip. SIM is bright white with no moisture. Updated the OS this morning. Nothing will stop this moisture detection warning.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userQioyeYmd6I Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
PoisednPretty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Will this moisture message ever go away? Brought a wireless charger not fast at ll.. Help Please
0 Likes
userNQIm97OME6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This message keep on coming and fone wont chwrge what is the solution for this
Xunaria182
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
same with my phone i took it to the store and they are doing a warranty replacement
0 Likes
userQX7Q5GyrlT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

There are a lot of people having this issue it seems. Our s5e was doing it. I started the tab with power and volume up button then ran the repair apps function and it's charging now. Others say charge with power off or turn on while charger is plugged in. This might be my last Samsung device 

RealBigPlayzYT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Idk what the is going on but this message keeps popping up. The last time I wet my phone was at the beach, I got my phone wet and this message popped up (well of course), then I cleaned my phone and it went away, then when I got home, this message popped up again, I DID NOT EVEN WET A SINGLE BIT OF MY PHONE, then I was trying to blow out the water in the headphone jack, the charging port, the speakers, and the S Pen, no water.. ,

then I decided to wet my phone so it gets cleaned, I did that and I cleaned it and I waited a few more minutes, it was still there...

then after a while it finally went away, then when I woke up, (btw this happened yesterday and today) and it showed up again.. I dont know what to do, then it happened in the afternoon, omg I was so over this, then right now it happened. Idk what the to do about this...

Elgac
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My wife had this problem as well with hers before she upgraded. Try getting wireless charging. We have a Blackweb dual wireless charging pad. Works wonders and you will never have to worry about "moisture detected" always popping up when charging.

Samsung_UYi3cBQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Jesus majestic beauty you bestowed on our People of All your beauty created by Man, God gracious blessings Thanks You

tgr17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Seems to be a super common hardware issue. Phone has never been wet or near water. I've been loyal to Samsung for years, but I'm about ready to jump ship. Nothing but issues lately. Too expensive of phone for so many problems.