cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfant
Constellation

Re: Screen protector that works with the fingerprint sensor???

I am not sure if it's like the white Stone but I got it from the att store..And the fingerprint sensor works just like of if I don't have it on there.

useraYMJeqQjze
Constellation

Galaxy Note 10+

Sorry to report that my beautifull note 10+'s finger print is working like a very low end lazy android phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 10+

@useraYMJeqQjze I believe this article here will be able to assist you. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200322/

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Note 10+

Hm, thanks for the report. Mine is working fine. I assume you mean it's slow, right? Do you have a screen protector?

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
userf9MplVzlnQ
Asteroid

Finger print sensor

Note 10+ 5G model

Finger print sensor has great difficulty recognising finger prints.  Have registered and in registered about 20 times.  Using 2 fingers with 2 scans each finger.

No problems on Note 9 - finger print sensor worked 100% of the time.  Note 10+ lucky if it works 1 out of 30 attempts.

Phone came with Samsung's screen protector and have updated software.  Also turned screen sensitivity on.

Touch screen nowhere as responsive as Note 9 - I suspect the screen protector is the issue.

Took it to a Samsung store - that had no solutions.

Very disappointing.   Note 9 was for me a perfect phone.  Note 10+ - a great disappointment.

I've contacted Samsung - no response as yet.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Finger print sensor

@userf9MplVzlnQ it seems like there may in fact be something wrong with your screen. What you described definitely doesn't sound at all right. Which 'Samsung store' did you take it to?

useruFtx05o9nO
Constellation

Same issue with my new Note 10 plus.  Very frustrating with the finger print sensor.  I don't care much about phone login because the face recognition is working good.   I am very frustrated, however, with  using finger print to login into bank apps, etc.  

I came from iphone, and so far, I do like note 10+, but the finger print technology is a big distance behind from my old iphone 6S+, which I traded in for the note 10+.

userf9MplVzlnQ
Asteroid

I ended up doing 2 things.  Wiping the cache and then doing a full factory reset.  Works better, but nowhere near as well as either Note 8 or Note 9.

Samsung store were no help at all.   I'm guessing the issue is the screen protector as you have to press quite hard to get the sensor to recognise the finger print.   The touch screen generally requires firm action to work.

The Note  10 is an ok phone (mine is the Note 10+ 512gb with 5g).  If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept my Note 9.

The Note 10+ negatives for me are: finger print sensor, touch screen sensitivity, power button location and front camera pin hole cut out.

For me, the Note 9 was a stand out phone.  Note 10+ an ok phone.

DB89
Astronaut

My finger print sensor works great on my Note 10 plus. Tr...

My finger print sensor works great on my Note 10 plus. Try contacting Samsung, phone warranty might get you a replacement.

WhispersF4TW
Asteroid

Note 10 screen protector/fingerprint scanner

Anyone else having issue when you install a screen protector and the fingerprint sensor not working any help or ideas?