cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cardboard60
Asteroid

Re: In the note 10 Plus there's no way I can increase the sen...

Ever gone into the display sensitivity and turn the sensitivity on for glass screen protectors to make it a little easier.

Hard to believe that Samsung Did not leave the FPS on the back of the phone to use.

Now it takes 2 hands to operate the FPS.

Evidently Samsung does not use these phones.

I came back to Samsung hoping they inproved theirphones.

Well I was wrong. They got a FPS sensor problem

And they are still wanting to Shove Bixby and everything with Bixby down out throat.

They have spent too many millions of dollars on Bixby to throw it away.

I hate Bixby.

I would or paid 200.00 more for a unlocked phone that DID NOT HAVE BIXBY.

Where did they find the team at to come up with BIXBY.

Samsung_qoC21nu
Astronaut

Did you redo your fingerprints once you installed the scr...

Did you redo your fingerprints once you installed the screen protector? Also, it may not be compatible with the fingerprint unlock.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10 Plus fingerprint Issues With Screen protector

@Zozokale Some tempered screen protector that does not stick to the full screen like only on the edges this will not work on in-display finger print sensor it needs to be as closer to the actual display. Usually those tempered glass protector will have a gap between the actual display to the screen protector,.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Honored Contributor

I am using screen protector that came with the phone and...

I am using screen protector that came with the phone and it is pretty accurate. Although the correct finger placement is important as well

Highlighted
Samsung_Yl9QVrj
Constellation

Hi there --

So, let me start off with tempered glass screen protectors DO NOT work with the fingerprint sensor on the Note 10 Plus. Neither do the cases with built in screen protectors. 

If you are concerned with scratches, your phone should already have a plastic screen protector installed (you can check for it around the hole punch camera). 

I have a Galaxy S10, but the fingerprint sensor is about the same as the one you find on the new Note series. This fingerprint reader uses sound waves to read your fingerprint. Many tempered glass screen protectors do not lie entirely flush with the phone's screen so it messes with the accuracy of the fingerprint reader. If you peeled off the plastic screen protector already, I know Samsung is selling them for 30 bucks, but I think any PLASTIC screen protector should work fine.

It's unfortunate that glass screen protectors aren't compatible, but it is what it is. I think your phone screen (Gorilla Glass 6) should be hard enough to handle a few falls though. 

Mrwalker13
Constellation

That was the reason I went with the whitestone because mo...

That was the reason I went with the whitestone because most of the tempered glass screen protector did not work. I tried three different ones.

Mrjules00
Constellation

Re: That was the reason I went with the whitestone because mo...

@Mrwalker13 wrote:

That was the reason I went with the whitestone because most of the tempered glass screen protector did not work. I tried three different ones.

So, does that mean that the Whitedome seeen protector works with the Note 10+ In Display Fingerprint Sensor???

Royal1262
Asteroid

Unfortunately you will have to use the pricey white dome...

Unfortunately you will have to use the pricey white dome screen protector for your phone to use the finger print sensor. That's what I'm using on the Note 10 plus.

RWLXXI
Constellation

Re: Unfortunately you will have to use the pricey white dome...

I bought the whitestone protector in anticipation of this issue. However even with no screen protector it took many tries to register prints. Very finnicky. Put the WS on and it compounded the issue. 

Something is not right with it. I've been researching and I'm told the September security/bug fix update remedies this but Samsung is dragging their heels releasing it to those of us with unlocked phones in the US. 

They should release it all at once or at least give those of us with the technical savvy to upgrade the option of d/l'ing it our selves.

Rhidium
Constellation

Just to add my experience, I installed a Whitestone Dome Glass and it works.. though the finger print scanner could barely detect my finger print as I reprogrammed it.  I had to moisten my finger and it then it was able to detect my fingerprint.  I guess dry fingers make it hard for the sensor read it.