cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StrictlyGN10
Astronaut

Finger print scanner

My note 10 finger print scanner is having trouble reading mine or any finger prints.

55 REPLIES 55
Comet

Re: Finger print scanner

Does it have issues noticing your finger when you're setting up fingerprints?

If it's an issue after they're set, how many fingerprints are you registering?  I only use my thumbs and register each twice .  Afterwards I always use the Check added fingerprints option to see which thumb the reader recognizes the most.  I then go back and reset the prints that are not being recognized.  

That usually works wonders for me.  It's also a muscle memory issue on the 10's .  Note and S. 

The  9 had a nice little locater on back.  Now with the underscreen sensor, it's up to us to locate. 

The 11 I understand is going to amazing.  Only have to touch the lower 1/3rd of the screen to trigger it. 

Try those suggestions and see if that helps.  I think the biggest part is muscle memory honestly. 

userziosKwNR3M
Constellation

Fingerprint Note 10 plus

Really only works 25 percent of the time. Even have trouble setting up the fingerprint. Any suggestions?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Fingerprint Note 10 plus

Have you installed a screen protector on the Note 10+? If so, try removing the screen protector. 

Rigzly
Asteroid

Note 10+ Fingerprint reader not working

The Finger print reader on my note 10+ did not work straight out of the box, when I went in and tried to register my fingerprint it just sat there and did nothing. I made sure the phone was updated to the latest version. So I did a hard reset and made sure the phone was up to date again. I was then able to get my fingerprint registered and it work fine for about 5-10 minutes. Then stopped again. It doesn't do anything at all when I place my finger on The sensor. It's like it dosent even realize my finger is on it at all.

MikeGeorge
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ Fingerprint reader not working

I'm having the exact same problem. I've even factory reset my device multiple times with the same issue presenting itself. The reader will work for about 5 minutes and then it fails and never comes back online.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ Fingerprint reader not working

Hey there!

Try giving this article here a shot. --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082563/

Zozokale
Cosmic Ray

Note 10 Plus fingerprint Issues With Screen protector

I have bought many tempered glasses or cases that come with built in screen protectors. I can't get the fingerprint censor working. I did turn on the touch sensitivity. No luck.

Any help?

Samsung_BrQbbP1
Astronaut

have you tried raising the touch sensitivity i have a s9...

have you tried raising the touch sensitivity i have a s9 and i bought built in screen protecter and had the same problem till a buddy of mine showed me the sensitivity

Zozokale
Cosmic Ray

In the note 10 Plus there's no way I can increase the sen...

In the note 10 Plus there's no way I can increase the sensitivity. It only has a switch on and off.