cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarthMojo
Asteroid

Fingerprint Reader

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really want to love my Galaxy Note 10+, but it's hard to when the on-screen fingerprint reader fails the majority of the time. I left the Note 9 for this phone because of the screen's beauty, but man I've never felt more frustrated. Anyone else?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Juanaman
Cosmic Ray

Re: Fingerprint Reader

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use multiple prints for the same finger works much faster

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeffules
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't run into 1 issue with the fingerprint reader nor the facial recognition. I have a screen protector on and still get quick access via biometrics

ResQ176
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I wish they would have done the capacitive one in the power button like S10e. Or even as accurate as S10+.

Juanaman
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use multiple prints for the same finger works much faster

View solution in original post

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I miss the fingerprint sensor in the back of the phone too.

I don't get the fascination with the it being in the screen itself.

It was so much easier to just grab my Note 9 and unlock the screen by sliding my finger into the sensor on the back.

I found that a dome glass screen protector works rather well with the Note 10+.

But after a while I decided to just go with no screen protector to make it work it's best.

I figure since I have insurance on the phone, why not.

And like Keiths26 said, set multiple prints with one finger with as many different angles of your finger placed on the screen as you can.

It lets you register four sets of prints.

I set two for my thumb and two for my index finger.

I might change all four to my thumb.

I find I'm never really using my index finger.

If you are using a screen protector, make sure you register your prints after with the screen protector on and have increased touch sensitivity on.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wiped my Note this morning and reloaded everything including fingerprints and its amazingly quick! Nothing to complain about on mine

Samsung_pLlBW7m
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started using the facial recognition it works really good for me even at night, now I find myself never using the fingerprint.

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_pLlBW7m wrote:

I started using the facial recognition it works really good for me even at night, now I find myself never using the fingerprint.

The facial recognition does work fantastically in all lighting. I just wish you could use it for Samsung Pass too. Then I would not even have to use fingerprints.

It would be so nice if they provided that with a future update.

I love using it for all my logins, so easy.

DarthMojo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now that I've registered my finger multiple times it seems to be working just fine. I'll provide an update if anymore issues arise. Thank you all for your help!