cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nahuel
Asteroid

Flashlight coming out the side?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello fellow Samsung users! I have been an iPhone user my whole life (I am 21). I have had an iPhone since the iPhone 3GS. I have recently switched over to android because I fell in love with the look and style of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus since I saw it. Now,  I have not had any problems with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus; I absolutely love it! I just wanted to ask if nayone on here or if any Samsung employees know about this... is it normal to see a small hint of flashlight coming from the side crease from the phone? So basically, when I turn on the flashlight, there is light coming from the side of the phone. It is mostly on the left side (if phone is pointed towrds user). Now it is not very prominent. It is kind of noticeable at night time or in a dark setting . I sometimes even think it os kind of cool because it is good wat to let me know when the flashlight is on when i have the phone laying down and it is facing up. I have gone to tother reatilers like best buy and verizon and I test out their flashlight and when when I look at the side of thier Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, there is also some light coming from the side... I am glad its not just me. So please let me know guys if anyone else has noticed this!

Thank you for reading this haha

Nahuel

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Flashlight coming out the side?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nahuel wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I am glad I am not the only one. Also, do you feel like there is nothing wrong with the device? Is it just like that from how bright the flashlight can be?

The LED light is not only shining outside, but inside as well.  Similar to if you put flashlight under your skin and turn it on.  I am personally not bothered unless it would be a defect. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's normal I believe, I have noticed it on my Note 9 as well. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Nahuel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thnak you for the reply!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nahuel wrote:

Hello fellow Samsung users! I have been an iPhone user my whole life (I am 21). I have had an iPhone since the iPhone 3GS. I have recently switched over to android because I fell in love with the look and style of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus since I saw it. Now,  I have not had any problems with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus; I absolutely love it! I just wanted to ask if nayone on here or if any Samsung employees know about this... is it normal to see a small hint of flashlight coming from the side crease from the phone? So basically, when I turn on the flashlight, there is light coming from the side of the phone. It is mostly on the left side (if phone is pointed towrds user). Now it is not very prominent. It is kind of noticeable at night time or in a dark setting . I sometimes even think it os kind of cool because it is good wat to let me know when the flashlight is on when i have the phone laying down and it is facing up. I have gone to tother reatilers like best buy and verizon and I test out their flashlight and when when I look at the side of thier Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, there is also some light coming from the side... I am glad its not just me. So please let me know guys if anyone else has noticed this!

Thank you for reading this haha

Nahuel

My Note10 has it too, nothing unusual 

Nahuel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the reply! I am glad I am not the only one. Also, do you feel like there is nothing wrong with the device? Is it just like that from how bright the flashlight can be?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nahuel wrote:

The LED light is not only shining outside, but inside as well.  Similar to if you put flashlight under your skin and turn it on.  I am personally not bothered unless it would be a defect. 

View solution in original post

Nahuel
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One last question! For your Note 10, is it all around the edges or just one part of it?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you can also change the brightness of the flashlight

Kwickss
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same, I assumed it was my phone case causing it though.

Highlighted
STRANGLEFIZZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Nahuel it is normal cause it shines inside too and it reflects cause of the glass back mine does it too and it does not bother me i enjoy the phone you will too and welcome to android bro the bleeding is normal aslong as my flashlight helps me see at night when i dont want to turn on the light and bother my parrots its all good