Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iNfRaSoNiC
Asteroid

Full Screen Apps not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,
can you confirm that full screen apps is not working? I tried it with several country related apps and its not filling the top of the screen even if it's set to "full screen" 
You can test with the game Angry Birds 2. Galaxy Note 10 + running the latest software.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Full Screen Apps not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been exploring the full screen settings since I first got the S10, and now on Note10+, and I came to the conclusion, based on uneven results, that it's up to app developers to code the full screen option in. There has got to be some kind of scaling or margin setting in apps (I'm not a developer), that prevents the system from filling the full screen.

Bottom line... IMO developers need to be updating their apps, and for some reason, they just don't care at this point. Since the camera cutouts and notches are pretty much stepping stoned on the way to truly full screen phones, they might never get around to it.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

iNfRaSoNiC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks but the problem is not related to "variants" I was hoping someone from the community to help. 

iNfRaSoNiC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Minion Rush and Sygic are some of the other apps that "full screen" is not working.

Actually I think this force resolution is not working at all. If an app is created to work on full screen - its working, if not - there is no way to fix it. 

user0Cav5xIPlt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked US variant with Snapdragon. I'm having the same issue. no apps will go full screen no matter what. with YouTube being the main culprit. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0Cav5xIPlt wrote:

I have an unlocked US variant with Snapdragon. I'm having the same issue. no apps will go full screen no matter what. with YouTube being the main culprit. 

Could you show an app that doesn't utilize full screen?

iNfRaSoNiC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190909-043202_Minion Rush.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been exploring the full screen settings since I first got the S10, and now on Note10+, and I came to the conclusion, based on uneven results, that it's up to app developers to code the full screen option in. There has got to be some kind of scaling or margin setting in apps (I'm not a developer), that prevents the system from filling the full screen.

Bottom line... IMO developers need to be updating their apps, and for some reason, they just don't care at this point. Since the camera cutouts and notches are pretty much stepping stoned on the way to truly full screen phones, they might never get around to it.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post