JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 (All models All Carriers) Weak Signal Issues

(Topic created: 08-30-2019 01:57 PM)
AceAhad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did any of u guys with note 10 getting hard time to get signals and mobile network and LTE??

239 Replies
userNg05tgO0du
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I bought a Note 10 unlocked version from Samsung.com and am runing it on ATT service.

There is a lot of call drops happening. Many times, when I try to call my contacts, I am unable to. I have to keep trying until I get connected. I was using Samsung s8 prior to this Note 10 and I never had this issues. Any one facing similar issues?

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userNg05tgO0du Lack of VoLTE may be a factor on your issue but make sure to ring customer service and give them a heads up that you are having drop calls in your area maybe 3G coverage in your area is under maintenance.

0 Likes
userNg05tgO0du
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have another AT&T wireless service runing in my old s8, that I take with me always... This service is working just fine.. Its definelty not a service issue. It should be a device issue.

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userNg05tgO0du if the device is AT&T carrier brand it has VoLTE which works good on AT&T but if it's unlocked it uses 3G call which might have an issue in your area.

0 Likes
userNg05tgO0du
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Will this justify why I often see only 2 bars on my phone?

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userNg05tgO0du Depends 2 bars of LTE or 3G? but 2 bars on any connection is good. Again, I suggest you to call customer service for inquiries. I have Note10+ unlocked on AT&T as well no VoLTE but i can make calls without dropping but calls are slow to make since I don't have VoLTE like I said 3G call is not good on AT&T. Although, AT&T says VoLTE will enable for unlocked devices by end of this year but I can't confirmed.

userpLlWA6RqTL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had the same issue using the unlocked note 10+ on t-mobile. 

I ended up using Odin to load the actual T-mobile firmware and I noticed a significant improvement. Obviously this is not condoned by Samsung but it is what it is. The signal naturally fluctuates where I am, but overall doing that helped.  

0 Likes
user3jEHhUECPr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Purchased the Note 10 Plus 512 Sprint and having the same signal issues. Very similar to the nightmare my wife had with the S10 Plus. I have 14 days I will probably return the phone and get an IPhone XS Max like we did for her. Sad, but Note 9 had much better signals in all the exact same areas.... I suspect this is the same antenna issues associated with the S10 Plus.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user3jEHhUECPr Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

0 Likes
user3jEHhUECPr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes. I am a software engineer by trade and closely tracked and debugged this same issue with my wife's S10 Plus.  On a trip, on major highways today, I experienced 2 dropped calls and data was in and out. Same trip 2 weeks ago using Note 9 I experienced no data issues or call drops. I have 14 days to decide whether to keep it or return it I will watch this very closely. I have had every note since the Note 2. Hoping it is not another S10 saga...

0 Likes