JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10 (All models All Carriers) Weak Signal Issues

(Topic created: 09-06-2019 06:44 AM)
AceAhad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did any of u guys with note 10 getting hard time to get signals and mobile network and LTE??

239 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@AceAhad wrote:

Did any of u guys with note 10 getting hard time to get signals and mobile network and LTE??

I have an unlocked Note10 running T-Mobile firmware and T-Mobile service.  My phone signal and speed is on par with my previous phones: Pixel 2, S8, S10e.  No dropped calls, no signal bar issues.  Around town, I already know what the signal should be and can easily know if there is a malfunction or an carrier has an outage.

0 Likes
NukeLife
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's a known issue that Samsung remains silent on from the S10 devices to the Note 10 devices. I smell a fine/refund coming

userrS3uC0koXD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It really is a shame. They keep blaming it on carriers when it is obvious it is not. Especially when you can use virtually any other phone and get perfect signal without any problems.

Like you said they are hiding behind the mods on here and other users with them saying they don't have any issues. They don't even make a statement to us directly. Instead they screw a customer out of $1100 for a phone that is terrible. I will NEVER buy a Samsung product again with how poorly they have handled this.

0 Likes
userHnbXyrPlR9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Don't be fooled. I have a note 10 and the signal was 1-2 bars less than my S10. Then I realized the reception is actually about the same. The signal meter calibration is just off about 1-2 bars. Sometimes I can make calls on zero to one bars on the note 10. This was not possible on the S10. It's an annoyance but not a signal problem.

userBPpPvnGKYR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine too...Is it with all carriers?

0 Likes
userrS3uC0koXD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have seen someone have a problem with almost all carriers

0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was concerned about this very issue when I looked and saw only 1-2 bars of signal in my house. Knowing that the bars are not accurate indicators, I looked in Settings -- About Phone -- Status -- SIM Card Status and checked the Signal Strength. I went into our kitchen, which is the innermost room in our house, and measured the signal there with the Note 10+: -90dbm. While that was a concern, I put my SIM card back into my Note 9 and repeated the measurement: -95dbm, quite lower than the Note 10+. So I'm not ready to call this a bad reception issue. Please ensure you are looking at the actual signal levels and not the bars in the status bar... and compare it against a known good device. My 2¢

@AceAhad wrote:

Tuanming
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Note 10+ unlocked from Samsung. The bars fluctuate between 2-4 bars inside my home. I am using Mint Mobile SIM (T-Mobile carrier). Have the latest software August 1. However, I haven't experience drop calls. The wifi has been great since I have 1Gb connection at home.

useroempsRXrGu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I spoke to Samsung and they are staying silent about the matter.  They want to make us go through misery to get a proper diagnostic.  This company can make some fantastic products, but they are complete scumbags when it comes to warranty work.  I have been a loyal Samsung customer for 7 years now and they just lost my business.  At least Apple sticks behind their products without giving you run arounds.  

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this issue.

0 Likes