cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NukeLife
Cosmic Ray

I preordered mine directly through Samsung, so I am hopin...

I preordered mine directly through Samsung, so I am hoping that isn't the issue. I had conducted the factory reset when I was troubleshooting with the AT&T tech support and it didn't correct the issue, as well as creating a new APN, inserting the new sim card from the Note 10+ into the old phone (Note 8) which immediately had better reception upon restart.

userjdYQ1LxLop
Cosmic Ray

Re: I preordered mine directly through Samsung, so I am hopin...

I had same issue using unlocked on t-mobile. Is yours unlocked version or the ATT version? There is another thread on here about unlocked having network strength issues on t-mobile. Trying to find out if it is the unlocked firmware and if the carriers is better.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@NukeLife 

My question as well...

For your Note8, is it branded AT&T, or unlocked? Same thing for the Note10.

I'm on Verizon, but I definitely notice different reception strengths between my Verizon Branded phones and unlocked phones. Nothing egregious, but I do notice it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
NukeLife
Cosmic Ray

Switching to Verizon didn't help. Its a device issue. Both Verizon and At&t have said this is a common issue with the Note 10's since release. 

uservMx9A8N2wU
Astronaut

I'm also having same issue with Verizon. 

userdze3vYJBUS
Astronaut

Mine does the same thing I am on sprint. Both phones note 8 and note 10+... haven't canceled my other line yet.. my note 8 will get my fb notifications a good 5 to 10 mins before my note 10+ its ridiculous!!! My phone note 10+ loses service everywhere.. sitting on top of my note 8 that works perfectly fine. I am highly disappointed! Wanted for the camera but the awful signal  on the phone is making me consider just keeping my 8. For the price of this phone I  feel like I might as well have just flew there and sat next to person I was talking to, it probably would have been cheaper. Lol!

userdUf6g1d8Gf
Constellation

I hope this not the case I have the unlock and in tmobile and the signal not good fone restarting 

userby8qVXehph
Constellation

I bought unlocked through Samsung and have TMobile.  I have 2 bars right now and my speed is 8 Mbps download and .4 upload.  I'm having the same problem.

@userjdYQ1LxLop wrote:

I had same issue using unlocked on t-mobile. Is yours unlocked version or the ATT version? There is another thread on here about unlocked having network strength issues on t-mobile. Trying to find out if it is the unlocked firmware and if the carriers is better.

usermBuAGzC8fa
Constellation

I have the unlocked version too on Tmobile and I did notice a huge reduction in signal reception right after putting my sim card from my Note 9 into the Note 10

I pre ordered it at Besr Buy.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Signal Issues

@RedDragon 

Can you maybe shed some light on carrier bands for branded firmware vs bands for unlocked firmware? Is there a difference? 

I feel like this is more of a carrier thing and not a Samsung thing, but I'm not sure.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador