cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3MSmQw6msL
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 10+ Bluetooth/Car Connectivity Issues

I bought a Galaxy Note 10 Plus sometime during the last week in September. The following week I purchased a 2019 Nissan. As I was driving off of the lot, the radio crashed and kept crashing. I found out from Nissan that this expensive phone is NOT compatible with the car. Unfortunately, I found this out after my vehicle purchase. After some investigating, it turns out that this phone works in NO Nissans 2019 or newer despite the fact that it works with a 2015 Nissan. The reason for this is that the 2015 does have Android Auto so, it is strictly a bluetooth connection between the phone and the car, whereas; 2019s or newer have Android Auto/ Apple Play. The software in the newer cars is not compatible with the phone. For as much as this phone costs, that's absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable! After doing some cursory research, I realized that Galaxy Note 10 Plus owners with different vehicles, such as Cadillacs etc, were also experiencing this issue. I spoke with tech experts from both Nissan Connect and Samsung to no avail. They both suggest simple troubleshooting options such as resetting the car radio and the phone's bluetooth, along with other superficial tasks. These do not work. SAMSUNG, YOU NEED TO CREATE A SOFTWARE PATCH THAT ALLEVIATES THIS ISSUE, IMMEDIATELY! This phone is too expensive to behave in such a manner. It just came out in August! To have such a huge problem overlooked is unacceptable and makes the company look ridiculous. Please fix this issue or stop selling this $1100 phone until you fix it and refund all current users who now cannot use one of the most used features on this phone.

13 REPLIES 13
Sean0097
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ Bluetooth/Car Connectivity Issues

some of the newer android auto systems and some of the newer phones requre use of a usb connection to work properly the Bluetooth for some reason is causing problems.

Have you tried pluging your phone into the cars system with your usb cable?

user3MSmQw6msL
Asteroid

@Sean0097 Yes, I have tried that. It does not work. Thanks for the suggestion though 👍

g7755725
Astronaut

You should head over to androudforums to get that sorted out

user5xu8NYlSQy
Constellation

Do you have a specific link that I am missing?  I can't seem to find it by searching at AndroidFOrums....  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@user3MSmQw6msL wrote:

I bought a Galaxy Note 10 Plus sometime during the last week in September. The following week I purchased a 2019 Nissan. As I was driving off of the lot, the radio crashed and kept crashing. I found out from Nissan that this expensive a#@ phone is NOT compatible with the car. Unfortunately, I found this out after my vehicle purchase. After some investigating, it turns out that this phone works in NO Nissans 2019 or newer despite the fact that it works with a 2015 Nissan. The reason for this is that the 2015 does have Android Auto so, it is strictly a bluetooth connection between the phone and the car, whereas; 2019s or newer have Android Auto/ Apple Play. The software in the newer cars is not compatible with the phone. For as much as this phone costs, that's absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable! After doing some cursory research, I realized that Galaxy Note 10 Plus owners with different vehicles, such as Cadillacs etc, were also experiencing this issue. I spoke with tech experts from both Nissan Connect and Samsung to no avail. They both suggest simple troubleshooting options such as resetting the car radio and the phone's bluetooth, along with other superficial tasks. These do not work. SAMSUNG, YOU NEED TO CREATE A SOFTWARE PATCH THAT ALLEVIATES THIS ISSUE, IMMEDIATELY! This phone is too expensive to behave in such a manner. It just came out in August! To have such a huge problem overlooked is unacceptable and makes the company look ridiculous. Please fix this issue or stop selling this $1100 phone until you fix it and refund all current users who now cannot use one of the most used features on this phone.

@user3MSmQw6msL 

So were you using usb cable or just connected your phone to the car via Bluetooth?

user3MSmQw6msL
Asteroid

@Charkatak I have connected via both methods and they both result in a crashing of the Nissan Connect system, making me phone in operable in the vehicle.

WillPetry
Cosmic Ray

I had a similar issue with my 2019 Jeep Renegade. The official "solution" is to connect via usb port and have full access to Android Auto. That didn't fit my specific idea for optimal ease-of-use, so after 2 months of research, I eventually settled on rooting an old phone that I connected via usb and hid in my glove compartment. Now this phone is only acts as a go-between for my Note 10+ and my Android Auto head unit. It works flawlessly and immediately connects every time. Let me know if you would like to know the specific process and I'll dig it up. It's a pretty difficult solution if your not familiar with rooting a phone and installing custom software, but in my experience was totally worth it!

user3MSmQw6msL
Asteroid

@WillPetrythank you so very, very much for offering that solution, I truly appreciate it! I am, however; going to make Nissan accountable for their mistake and let them properly solve this issue. Unbeknownst to me when I purchased my vehicle, the Galaxy Note 10 Plus is NOT on Nissan's phone compatibility list. If this prior knowledge was shared with me, I would have made adjustments BEFORE buying my car. Since they did not prepare appropriately, they are going to do the work to resolve this.

Samsung_ldwoP8p
Astronaut

Wow really that's good my man