cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user40PjRXxMIK
Constellation

Galaxy Note 10+ Weak Signal and services not working on AT&T

My son purchased one and after we saw it my wife and I both purchased the 10+ with the trade in program.  Now we have the devices and we are having problems.

AT&T Visual Voice Mail does not work however a different program will after accessing the voice mail the first time.

WIFI calling, HD Voice & VOLTE  & Advanced Messaging is Not available

I talked with AT&T and that said that I needed to contact Samsung and Samsung refeered back to AT&T .   I finally talked with somone at AT&T that was able to look at my calling history and I am only connecting at 3G

When I was considering getting the phones I asked was there a difference between the AT&T and the unlocked and they said no  except that the phone came unlocked so i could use it on any carrier and no preloaded programs.

I have had many unlocked phones in the past but this is unacceptable.    If Samsung can't get AT&T to fix this then they need to replace our devices with the AT&T device so we can have proper service.

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ Weak Signal and services not working on AT&T

@user40PjRXxMIK wrote:

My son purchased one and after we saw it my wife and I both purchased the 10+ with the trade in program.  Now we have the devices and we are having problems.

AT&T Visual Voice Mail does not work however a different program will after accessing the voice mail the first time.

WIFI calling, HD Voice & VOLTE  & Advanced Messaging is Not available

I talked with AT&T and that said that I needed to contact Samsung and Samsung refeered back to AT&T .   I finally talked with somone at AT&T that was able to look at my calling history and I am only connecting at 3G

When I was considering getting the phones I asked was there a difference between the AT&T and the unlocked and they said no  except that the phone came unlocked so i could use it on any carrier and no preloaded programs.

I have had many unlocked phones in the past but this is unacceptable.    If Samsung can't get AT&T to fix this then they need to replace our devices with the AT&T device so we can have proper service.

Unlocked phones don't have all the bits in the firmware that carrier branded phones have.  As you mentioned above some feature don't work or not available at all.  You could flash ATT firmware onto your device to basically transform your unlocked phone into ATT branded phone.  Your sim unlock won't be affected.

Check this out: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-10/help/unable-to-flash-att-firmware-regular-t3963204

Ask questions there. Tell your story and someone can help you.

userjHceUASeP3
Constellation

Thank you for the information, in talking with an engineer at AT&T I was told that my phones IMEI numbers are correct and that 1 of them is setup for VOLTE  the other 2 are NOT however even with that being the case all 3 phones are only making 3g phone calls and data the switch knows what phone i Have  but the provisioning doesn't match so if I do what XDA says will I get the over the air updates?  

and will I get VOLTE, Advanced Messeging and WIFI calling?  

I talked with the Samsung OOP recently and they offered to allow all3 phones to be returned and to reorder the AT&T version but if I do that then what do i loose for the future?

Honored Contributor

@userjHceUASeP3 wrote:

Thank you for the information, in talking with an engineer at AT&T I was told that my phones IMEI numbers are correct and that 1 of them is setup for VOLTE  the other 2 are NOT however even with that being the case all 3 phones are only making 3g phone calls and data the switch knows what phone i Have  but the provisioning doesn't match so if I do what XDA says will I get the over the air updates?  

and will I get VOLTE, Advanced Messeging and WIFI calling?  

I talked with the Samsung OOP recently and they offered to allow all3 phones to be returned and to reorder the AT&T version but if I do that then what do i loose for the future?

You can go to the link, I provided, ask these questions from users that already flashed their unlocked models.  Users after flashing report which feature work, which don't.  As far as I know most if not all features should work.  I am there on that thread as well.  

You can of course get phones from ATT, but they will be locked, until you sim unlock them.  If you change the carrier in the future, you should be able to flash your ATT branded phones to something else.  I just personally like to have the freedom of unlocked phone and then can decide what I want to flash on it.  Also resale value of unlocked model seems to be higher than branded phone

Highlighted
Ejm5560
Galaxy

It's all carriers issue call them and they reset their si...

It's all carriers issue call them and they reset their signals and it worked at least for me it did. Att doesnt allow certain unlocked phones from some companies to have VOLTE and video calls. It's not Samsung's fault. Theres some threads online for it too.