cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user459tjXknWR
Constellation

Galaxy Note 10+ freezing

My galaxy Note 10+ keeps randomly freezing and the only way to unfreeze is to reset the phone by holding the volume down and power button. Is there anyone else experiencing this issue? Is so do you know how I can prevent the phone from freezing?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ freezing

Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

userRmAiDkMCUI
Asteroid

Do you have any other next step solutions?  Have tried this, and it does not solve my issue.

userzFjjaM2M6O
Constellation

My note 10+ keeps having random freezing issues as well, even after full reset & no apps other than Samsung apps installed. 

Absolutely ridiculous for such an expensive device $

While it does happen more often with certain apps, it happens with every app on regular basis, even built in Samsung apps. 

Soft reset, safe mode, hard reset, removed all apps, tried everything already! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this a try: 

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.
Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.
Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.
Release the Volume keys when the Android image appears.
Press the Volume keys to highlight Wipe cache partition.

userJxdtt62DfS
Constellation

I'm having the same issue with my note 10+, I have done the wipe cache partition thing many times, it will keep on freezing once I start using Audroid Auto. All these issues started after OS security update 1-11-2019. I have resulted to restarting my phone almost all the time especially when I'm driving using AA. So frustrating, I just hope that Samsung is doing something about it...issues resolved when one ui 2.0 will be officially out

usereOXN9ZGGB8
Asteroid

I noticed the same around that time! It didn't dawn on me that the issues stemmed after an update, it all makes sense now! The freezing is definitely a safety issue. 

userRmAiDkMCUI
Asteroid

I have also tried this cookie cutter response, and it did not solve my issue either.  Any other ideas?  Could this possibly be an issue with defective RAM?

usere5TuJeSV6P
Constellation

Same experience for me. The Note 10 Plus will run fine a a few days, but then is lags heavily or freezes up in apps. Some apps are more prone to cause it to freeze up. I only experienced this after the most recent update I put on the phone, Around 10/22/19, but that's just because I serched for the latest update and when through the process.

I've serched forms and found the whole, power and volume button to clear the cache, granted it does free up the phone and it runs smoothers, however, when that cache then fills again with the apps I've been using, I'm back to the same problem.

Instead of clearing the cache all the time, I've gone to just restarting the phone, which seems to free up the phone and it runs well. It seems as though the flagship phone has some buggers still, as expected, however when I was rocking the Galaxy S10 Plus, none of this was an issue.

Becuase the price point is so high and I can't just take it back to my cell carrier and ask why is the phone freezing up so much, I will have to get into the habit of restarting my phone often if not daily if I wish to keep it from freezing up on me.

Perhasp the developing team is aware of this, but are having trouble replicating the issue or are working on a fix. The band-aid fix is all I can do.

I agree with another writter on this form. The phone is expensive to be flying off the shelves with this freezing problem.

Starchaser
Galaxy

There is an auto restart setting in device care that will auto restart your phone for you. You can set time and day to restart. It will do it within 1 hour of your set time/date when the phone is not in use.