cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 10+ headphone not working

I am having trouble playing music through my headphones.  I have a usb c to 3.5mm adapter that has been working just fine until yesterday or the day before.  Now when I try to plug in the adaptor, it doesn't recognize the headphones and just plays music through the phone's speaker.  I've tried the 'wipe cache partition' option mentioned on other threads, but it hasn't helped.  It seems like I inadvertently changed some setting, but for the life of me I can't figure out what setting that might be. Does anyone have any other ideas of what might be causing the problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ headphone not working

I would like to look into this for you. Let's look into a couple of things first.

Does this still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

If you connect your headphones to another phone does it play correctly?

Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, but the problem has been resolved now.  I found an article online that said sometimes if a bluetooth device is connected, it will prevent music from playing through the headphones.  I wasn't actually connected to a device, but my bluetooth was still on.  I tried turning it off and the headphones started working.  I tried turning bluetooth back on even though I was out of range of the two devices I connect to and tried again and the headphones were still working.  I'm not sure what happened there, but I can listen with my headphones while at work and connect to bluetooth as soon as I get in the car when I leave without having to turn bluetooth on and off.

Asteroid

This problem popped up again.  I tried the same steps that fixed it last time, but this time it doesn't fix the problem.  I've tried the "wipe cache partition" option and rebooted, but nothing.  It seems that both times, the problem started right after plugging my phone into the USB port on my laptop.  I don't know if plugging it into a usb port changes something that prevents headphones from working.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same problem any solutions

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If the issue persists after troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. For service options, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

the force stop doesn't work . It only warns me, and wether i hit "ok or "cancel, nothing happens