cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereVgsyJy0pF
Constellation

Galaxy note 10 WiFi disconnect issue

Hello, 

Im in Canada and have been having an issue with my new note 10+ since I got it. The WiFi constantly drops in speed, even being within a few feet of the router. Most times it drops to under 10mbps, and even under 1 Mbps which makes it unusable. 

I've had a Rogers tech out recently to verify the home WiFi network is working correctly, which is was. We speed tested from a few feet from the router on my phone and his phone to a Rogers server. I was hitting less than 25mbps, most times even lower and even losing connection all together multiple times in the one hour he was here. His phone (galaxy s8) was getting over 500mbps no issues after multiple tests constantly. He confirmed it was an issue with my phone and not the WiFi network.

Looking online I see many posts about this in the EU forums. I've tried everything, even factory resetting my phone but it does not fix anything. I believe this has to be a hardware related issue. 

Here are photos of the past few days of my random speed drops. Once I don't have a speed drop, it gets up to over 600 Mbps, but when it drops randomly and for no reason it gets to these levels... 

Another thing that makes me think this is a hardware issue with the network card is I had a Bluetooth issue, where I could not connect to a Bluetooth device unless I reset my phone. Once it was reset I could connect, but only that one time and not again. Yet another Samsung phone connects and disconnects no problem. 

Screenshot_20191012-165611_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20191011-165035_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-144256_Chrome.jpg

20191012_165624.jpgRogers Tech phone today, same spot as my phone when I was hitting 25mbps, then losing connection all together after.

20191009_205923.jpgIPhone speed test when my phone hit under 1mbps from same spot at same time.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy note 10 WiFi disconnect issue

@usereVgsyJy0pF Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

usereVgsyJy0pF
Constellation

Yes everything is up to date 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usereVgsyJy0pF Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
usereVgsyJy0pF
Constellation

I just did that now, I will try it out for a day or two and see if the issue returns. 

Im curious tho, does a factory reset do this as well? Because I did that already and did not fix the problem. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@usereVgsyJy0pF Are both phones connected to same wifi frequency 5Ghz and wifi-AC?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button