cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Battery temp too low to charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem. I used a blow dryer to heat up my phone for 3 minutes and it fully charged with no problem. Haven't had that issue since.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same issue it just started today.  I charged the phone all night like I normally do and woke up to day used it as normal and went to hook it up at work at lunch as I normally do then boom Temp to low.... It is 74 Degrees in my office its in a case and been in my pocket.  I left the charger plugged up to it and went about my work and came to check it and the thing was burning hot felt like it was in the oven it lost all batter life went from 70% to 2% in 10 minutes.   I unplugged it and plugged it back in and even though the phone was extreamly hot it still said low battery temp warning.  The phone eventually died and now will not charge still says the same thing when you plug it in.  Contacted Samsung support and they were useless as usal.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
im having the same issue
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A service repair is recommended.  Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my second note 10 with the same issue I usually carry it in my back pocket so if you bend it back the opposite way it  (plug in the charger and bend it back until it starts charging and you should be good ) should start working again and has to do with the charging pad connection when it disconnects it gives you that warning I've had my phone replaced and apparently this one's doing it too so I'm going to have to have it replaced again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Battery Temperature too low, stops charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently I have been hearing a high pitched alarm noise and a warning that my battery temperature is too low when my Galaxy Note 10+ has been plugged in for charging. First it would happen about half way through charging, but now it is happening almost instantly when I plug my phone in to charge, sometimes two or three times in succession. And now my phone will not charge via the USB-c port. When it first happened I to use a little canned air to clean any debris from the charge port and I got a new charging cable.  I also updated the phone to android 10 to see if that would help. But tonight I could not charge at all through the USB-c port and ended up shutting the phone off and was able to charge it using a contactless charger which I borrowed.

I have seen several other posts regarding this issue, and it seems to go way back through the lines of galaxy phones. I saw posts as far back as the galaxy 7. Is this an inherent design flaw in Samsung phones? 

Could my USB-C port be damaged?  Or is this an internal fault? Its shame as this phone might be a year old and I take quite good care of it. My Otterbox cover has a plug that keeps the charging port protected when not in use.

Anyone have any ideas of a fix or what is the inherent cause of this low temperature warning?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Battery Temperature too low, stops charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked and I got my Note 10+ last September, for some reason I thought I had it much longer. I did some more google searching and there are a ton of posts regarding this issue and so far I have not seen any fixes or responses from Samsung. 

If there is a Samsung representative on this forum please let us know why this is happening.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am currently experiencing this issue. At first it was through my wireless charger. But now i can't charge it through my USB C port.. I am currently overseas, once I'm back home and if its still recurring I will be going straight to samsung. 

Samsung Note10 (not plus)

Unpacked in october for my birthday.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Luckily I have been able to charge my phone by using a wireless charger. But today I went to take a picture and I tried to turn the flash on and the phone displayed  a message "Cannot use flash in low temperature." Even though the phone is atleast 70 degrees as its room temperature. I hope samsung has  a fix for this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION