cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alliec21
Constellation

Re: Phone won't charge Temp too low

Doesnt matter what phone you have! My husband has the s10plus and it has more issues than my Note10plus.. it depends on the phone you get. Some phones will have more issues than others depending on the device itself. Something had to of happened to the device during manufacturing or shipping to the stores or just not stored right in the store. You could have a bad phone in general!

dlewis1000
Asteroid

Unfortuately this is not the case. The certified samsung repair facility(ubreakifix) informed me that this is a known manufacturer defect in the product that they are failing to inform the consumers about. They've had to perform the same repair to a lot of these note10 devices. 

userpJZOwm1IaA
Constellation

My experence like yours continues.  I took it to the repair place recomended by Samsung after 4 days it was fixed.  In 2 more days the problem came back.  I took it back the again after keeping it 4 days they said the repair did not work.  They needed to order a new motherboard. 

Getting the motherboard was going to take anouther week.. I guess overnight is too expensive for my 1200 phone sitting in the shop.    I went and picked up the phone called samsung again myself.  Again they refuesed to do anyting except send me a shipping lable and said that they would send the phone back to me in 9 to 11 busienss days.  That would be a total of 5 weeks without my phone.  

I called Samsung and they refused to replace the phone even though it was only 5 months old. 

I went to Sprint where I purchase the phone and they could not replace it but atleast they tried to help me.  We go samsung on the phone from there.  They tech explained the phone was clearly a manufaturer issue and could they replace the phone.  again the answer was no. 

We then asked for a supervisor and they put us on hold in the middle of a sprint store with customers all around watching this for 45 min without ever returning. 

That is a new low in support and service.  I will get back here in another 3 weeks if they acturally send a phone back that works.  Non the less they still expext that I pay my lease while without a phone..  they also expect that I pay for my line without a phone.  

I have never had such a time.  this will be try number 4..  There are no lemon laws about phones.  I think it is time to find a real brand.  

I can see the only time Samsung feels they have issues is when they set fires on airplanes.  

Highlighted
dlewis1000
Asteroid

The certified samsung repair facility (ubreakifix) informed me that this is a defect that samsung knows about and isn't doing anything about. I agree with you, the only time they care is when they're setting fires on planes. Had none of those phones caught fire, would they ever have done a thing? I seriously doubt it. Take your phone to a certified samsung repair place and they will fix it free of charge as they just did with mine. I'd recommend ubreakifix. They got my phone done and back in my hands two days later. Could have been the next day but I was busy. 

MastrBlaster
Constellation

Call your insurance they will give you a new phone within a few days if you tell them it's an ongoing issue and your carrier and Samsung wont replace. They will do a 1 time free phone for you

Samsung_nuILV1h
Astronaut

This is a charging port issue. Try charging the phone wirelessly. If it charges normal then its 80% a problem with a port. I have fixed this issue many times on various samsung devices. It's very rarely a logic board issue.

dlewis1000
Asteroid

Please read my replies. This issue is a known manufacturer defect as told to me by the certified Samsung repair facility(ubreakifix). They are not publishing any information on the topic as I'm sure it would cost a ton of money like the note 7 did. 

useruvYWTCEeSg
Constellation

This is definitely not a charging port issue. I'm about to get my third phone due to this problem. Wireless and wired charging both won't work. Low temp warning for any type of charging.

userx7hNN4CG55
Asteroid

Note 10+ temp too low to charge

Had the phone about a month, just started doing this a few days ago.  Depending on the orientation of the phone, the battery temp registers as -4f and the phone won't charge.  If I tilt the phone different ways or set it upside down, it will start to charge.

The phone was not dropped, nor gotten wet, although with the IP68 rating which I count on in the summer for beach/boating season it shouldn't matter.

Support was not helpful, I was told to blow into the USB port for 1 minute then shake the phone for a minute.  Ultimately it was suggested I mail the phone in (and be phoneless for weeks I'm assuming) while it gets repaired.

I am not interested in a repaired phone that's barely a month old.  I will not trust this repaired device that has been sliced open and rebuilt to have the IP68 rating which I count on.  I'm not going to have the phone damanged by a splash of water 1 day after my warranty ends because the phone had a manufacturers defect within the first month.

What is going on with Samsung quality lately? I've been a customer since the first Galaxy S Fascinate came out years ago, but my last few Samsung products have all had issues.  Brand new Q7F TV developed a horiztonal line of damaged pixels within 3 months.  Q8F replacement had a similar issue.  And my Q9F has been rebooting, recieved 2 repairs to try to fix the issue, then found out it was finally fixed via a firmware update.  So my TV was ripped apart for nothing but a software bug.  Ridiculous.

I'm very disappointed with both Samsung's quality, and customer service.  If this cannot be made right I think it will be time for me to abandon this brand for good.

Col_BatGuano
Asteroid

Battery temp too low to charge

This afternoon my Note 10 stopped charging then started saying the battery temp was too low to charge. The phone was warm to the touch definitely not cold by any means. Now the phone is completely dead with zero charge. Attempted to restarted the phone at least a dozen times and it continued to show battery temp to low to charge.