JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 9:47 PM)
Samsung_LLXgNvO
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Need help fixing.Cant charge phone. Error message battery temperature to low. Seemed to come on after an update.

Anyone else having issue.

242 Replies
pika_arty
Product Expert
Options
Note10

Hello, 

I have seen something similar on a different device and there might be something wrong with the temperature sensor. I don't believe it's a common issue but it can happen on some devices. You'll have to backup your data and bring it to an authorized repair center ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/ ) or call 1-800 Samsung for a mail in repair.

0 Likes
userMHX11
Constellation
Options
Note10

I have the same problem phone is at 1% and stays there when plugged in with the notification "Charging stopped" Your phone's temperature is too low. Charging will continue when the temperature returns to normal." When I unplug my phone it dies immediately or with in a minute. I bought it in September and have been dealing with this since November. 

0 Likes
user9okqFN5wUj
Constellation
Options
Note10

It's probably a faulty battery temperature sensor. It's a small speck on thin, very thin plastic. It'll get messed up easily by dropping the phone just right regardless if there's other damage. Ugh. 

0 Likes
userQ8EDvEN1Lp
Asteroid
Options
Note10

Well my phone must've shipped damaged then because it happened to me in the first few weeks of having the phone. Mine was in a case and never dropped so i'm doubting that's the real cause 9 0f 10 times.

0 Likes
userfWuGNDjnOm
Constellation
Options
Note10

Did you fix it?

0 Likes
706Shepp
Constellation
Options
Note10

Try to turning phone off and on then if that don't work do a soft reset

0 Likes
ManuelNJCSP
Product Expert
Options
Note10

Should check out a repair center. 

0 Likes
BrionLee
Constellation
Options
Note10

My new Note 10+ (just over 1 month old) started not charging today due to supposedly low temp. It has been at room temp all day, so this sounds like something not working correctly. I see many have run into this problem. How do we fix this while under lockdown?

0 Likes
BrionLee
Constellation
Options
Note10

When I called AT&T tech support, they asked me to take off my protective cover, which is an Otter Box Defender Pro. I did not think that would help, but after I took it off, it started charging again!! I had restarted and turned it off and back on. When off but plugged in, it displayed a yellow triangle with a red exclamation point. Booting back up it still would not charge, but after taking off the cover it is charging fine - even after putting the cover back on!!! I have no idea what it is about a cover that would confuse the phone to think it was too cold when it has been at room temp for days.

0 Likes
Extragooey
Constellation
Options
Note10

@BrionLee  See my post on page 13 of this thread

0 Likes