cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Temperature too low

I'm from Australia.

I've taken my 1st device back 3 times and had the problem re-emerge within a day each time. Wasted literally days of my time with transport and waiting for a "genius" appointments to become available. Not to mention the time it takes to restore and input accounts and passwords to all my apps etc.

After the third time, they would not replace the device so I bought a new one and requested a refund, which they eventually agreed to.

I fire up my new device and set off to Japan on a family vacation. Two days in, I plug in to charge and hear those 2 aweful beeps and that all to familiar message.

Ive owned at least 10 samsung phones over the years and apart from the Note 7, never before had a problem. 

Really not happy with amount of time ive wasted with this device and the lack of acknowledgement from Samsung to apologise or compensate.

Highlighted
Astronaut

We are having the same problem.  Today my son got his 3rd note10+. He got the error message within 4 hrs of exchanging it! He switched from iPhone b/c of the problems he had with Apple. Now I think he's regretting it. Samsung- you need to make this right!

Highlighted
Constellation

Wow.. thought I am the only one with this " Note 10 phone won't charge due to temperature too low". Ofcourse I am in my warm master bedroom with temperature around 70F. Just happened to me last week intermittently and today it won't charge at all, so I took it to TMobile and they said it will take around 3 days, they can replace with another refurbished phone or I can go straight to another TMobile center about 100 miles away, and they may be able to exchange it on the spot. Just bought the brand new phone and with warranty so I can have peace of mind.. now I have to swap the SIMM card out to the old Note 5 while the Note 10 going back to Samsung for repair. Hope Samsung comes up with a solution soon. There are so many upset customers out there.

Does anyone have a fix yet? <edit>

Highlighted
Constellation

guess what, first my NFC died, contacted Samsung and they told me to take it to UBREAKIFIX # 345 - Lake Forest, CA. I took it to them, they ordered the NFC part after saying that is what is bad, few days later I took phone for repair and after 3 hrs they gave phone back to me and said they could not fix it and that motherboard needs to be replaced and that I need to contact Samsung. Well phone was working perfectly fine before these opened it and now I get the cold temp. charging issue and battery showingn 1% and not charging wirelessly OR wired. I cant believe how incompetent these folks are and so is Samsung. I am glad Verizon is my carrier and they are sending me replacement in 24-hrs. have no faith in Sansung customer service at all. if it was apple product, I would get it replaced on the spot when under warranty.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have a Note 10 that I bought directly from Samsung.  This same thing started happening yesterday.  Temp too low message, intermittent rapid battery drain, charged some, and now the low temp no charge message is constant.  I've wiped the cache partition, factory reset many times, tried multiple Samsung chargers, problem is only getting worse.  Now, I have to spend half a day driving across the city to the Mall of America to Ubreakwefix just to be told it has to be sent to Samsung.  It does this whether it's on a Samsung wireless charger or plugged into the wall.  I cannot believe this garbage that I purchased for nearly a grand a couple of months ago.  I had 2 Note 7's and all of that run around.  Now, I'll be without my phone for who knows how many months and whether or not it will even work when it comes back.  I have so much Samsung tech in my home.  TV's and speakers.  I've been a brand fan for years and wouldn't buy anything else.  Not anymore.  This Note 10 battery issue that they are not owning (like Note7 initially) is yet another example of the poor quality craftsmanship and rushed to market failures that consumers end up paying for that have become Synonymous with Samsung.  This phone is a lemon and it shouldn't be my burden financially or with time wasted (already hours with Samsung "customer service" and attempts to get the phone to function properly.  Samsung equals lemons and fatal hardware failures.  It won't be long until it goes the way of LG.  Can't sustain a base market for 1k devices if you keep taking advantage of consumers to save face and rush products to market that fail and have proven unsafe in the past.  What a disappointment; I preordered this lemon as soon as I could.  I was so excited.  Never again Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've had the same issue. I've sent it in for repairs since it's under warranty, with no success.  They've said they've fixed it but 2 days later I have the same issue. I'm hoping Samsung will just give me a new device since this is clearly an issue with the phone its self.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy note 10+ low Battery temp

I'm having the same issue as well. I've sent it in twice for the same repair. My third time they are replacing the phone. The kicker... It will take up to 15 days to get my phone back. It has been sitting in their warehouse untouched for three days now.  This has to be a known issue for them.i am starting suspect that there is still a battery issue and instead of the phone blowing up like the more 7. They put in a fix yo kill the battery..

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got this message last night, the Note 10, only 3 months old. The notification says "Charging stopped - Your phone's temperature is too low. Charging will continue when the temperature returns too normal". I tried wireless and wired charging, disabled fast charging, and a factory reset. Nothing helped.

I really look after my stuff, not a scratch or bump - it happened for no obvious reason.

Samsung tech support told me to take it to a local repair shop (Ubreakifix). The staff told me no problem it will be fixed in an hour, but when I returned, they said they need to replace the motherboard and it will take 3-5 days for the parts to arrive from Samsung (!!).  It's still under warranty, so hopefully they don't charge me, but I'm not really impressed - why don't they have parts for their flagship phone in the stores?

*If you just got this message, back up your phone before it runs out of charge*  (No seriously, stop reading this and backup your phone).

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue.  It started happening about a month after I purchased my Note 10+.  UBreakIFix wouldn't do anything with it and sent me to a Samsung store.  The Samsung tech restarted the phone and the problem disappeared, temporarily.  SInce then, it has come back.  I've been able to get by by powering the phone off for an hour, and buying a case with a backup battery in it to at least keep the phone's battery from losing power.  Now those remedies are failing and the phone is 1% away from being a useless brick.  The Samsung store wanted to send the phone in for repair without giving me a replacement, which is unacceptable given the price I paid for the phone. 

This looks so bad for Samsung, especially considering I am not the only one with this problem, and it just blows my mind that they'd treat a loyal and enthusiastic customer so arrogantly. 

Highlighted
Constellation

My note 10 had this exact same issue occur out of the blue 5 days ago. Samsung was going to fix it under warranty but they said I had to mail in my phone for 11 days. So while I was at Verizon switching my sim card to an old temp phone the phone suddenly started charging! After some further troubleshooting it would work with one of my samsung chargers at home, but only right after I ejected and reinserted the sim card. I ordered an official note10 samsung charger ($40) from Amazon and now I no longer have to eject the sim card, but, here's the kicker... it wont charge while the case is on anymore so I have to get a new case. Hopefully this us helpful to someone else out there! What a pain it has been trying to figure this out.