cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy note 10 plus screen cracked with no impact.

I purchased a Galaxy Note 10 plus directly from Samusung about three months ago.  I traded in my iphone 10, using the Samsung trade in program.  Until now, I have been extremely happy with my purchase.   Two days ago, I pulled the phone from my front pocket of my scrubs and noticed that the screen was cracked and the lower half of the screen was bright white, while the rest of the screen was normal.  The screen is also totally unresponsive to touch anywhere.   

The phone has been in a case since day one and I also have had a tempered glass screen protector on the screen.  When I placed the phone in my pocket, the screen was facing inwards towards my thigh. Oddly enough, initially, I thought it was the screen protector that was cracked, so i pulled it off and it was undamaged!   I have placed every single phone in my pocket for the the last ten years with no problems.  The phone was the only thing in my pocket, so im confused on how the screen was cracked.  I have had friends that have cracked their screens by dropping them on a hard surface, but the phone still worked with the screen cracked.  My sister keeps her phone in her back pocket and the her screen has never broken.    

Im not sure what to do at this point.  I didnt have insurance on the Phone.  Do i have any chance of get the phone reaired under warranty?  As I mentioned earlier,  the phone was never dropped, but how can I prove this to Samsung?   

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I

16 REPLIES 16
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy note 10 plus screen cracked with no impact.

Good luck! Had the exact same thing happen to me this morning. Drove to work with it playing music in my car, put it in my pocket, walked in to the shop, pulled it out and it was cracked. No response to touch/power button/charging. Totally bricked. Samsung is refusing to help out with the repair, stating that their phones are extensively tested at quality control, and that Gorilla Glass is "so durable" that they dont feel the need to warranty phones for any physical damage anymore. 

Note 10+ lasted about 2 months.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is a flaw with some batches of screens.  I just can't figure out how a tempered glass screen protector had no damage, but the screen underneath is cracked.    I have not dropped this phone ,ever.

About a week prior to this happening, I purchased a new Samsung front load washer..  I'm starting to rethink further Samsung purchases.  What's next, is the door going to fall off the washer?   I can't believe I paid over a thousand dollars for this to happen.

I ended up purchasing a Oneplus 7 pro and love it.  I have placed this phone in my front pocket and have had no issues, just like the rest of my phone's......As you can tell, I'm still upset.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah I feel you, theres plenty of other posts on the Community site, as well as other forum posts throughout the web. I am right there with you in regards to reconsidering Samsung products. Super nice stuff, I just wish the company would stand behind their products, ESPECIALLY seeing how expensive everything is. Even just a one time good-will repair would be great. I spoke to my carrier, and fortunately am able to get the screen replaced through the insurance for much cheaper than what Samsung wants.  Also went to various repair stores, so for anyone else reading these posts, expect ~$279 for the repair through samsung, and upwards of $350 through a repair shop.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing with me. I took it out of my pocket and on the left hand edge a little over halfway down it was cracked. The screen was flickering and unresponsive  

To touch. I had it replaced through my phone provider and not even a month later I pull it out of my pocket and it was cracked in the exact same spot! This has to be a flaw. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello,

I am in the same situation, so I perfectly understand your situation.

2 month old $1000 phone and cracked screen... and $280 to repair.

My concusion: do not trust seller when they tell you that Galaxy note 10+ has the best screen (I had galaxy s2, s4, s7 and none of them had issue).

When you purchase $1000 phone and you expect something amazing about build quality, real life is different than expectations.

For Samsung: many customers will change to different companies due to the lack of your material and the bad customer service (the one on the phone made me angrier and didn't let me finish to talk).

After 9 years of being a customer, today I am not sure if Samsung will be again in my future

Highlighted
Astronaut

That's right get rid of them

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue only had it for about 2 months. Phone was on my bed I went to move my car came back and it was cracked. I have a rhinoshield that will take a hammer impact on the front and back. So this is obviously an issue that their not honoring or addressing.

IMG_2228.JPGIMG_2230.JPG

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have now had my second note 10+ screen crack in my pocket. This time it was in my pocket for about 2 minutes. The last phone was replaced through asurion as it eventually just stopped working. Same reaction from samsung, pay the 289$ or whatever screen replacement fee. I will be replacing the screen through asurion for 30$, and selling this pile of junk. Samsung has finally lost me as a customer.

Highlighted
Constellation

I havr the same problem 2 months and we have the same exact location where it cracked exactly the same spot