cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Gallery not syncing on OneDrive in Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, after this new December 2019 update in Note 10+, Samsung cloud is gone as well as Camera Roll, what remaining is simply Gallery Sync which is one and the best solution which was working perfectly until March 1st, 2020 in my phone. 

Now since then, the Sync Now button does absolutely nothing sometimes or it takes too long then simply reports my old March 1st last synced date and time. I have tried over wifi and cellular both but it does not work yet. However, in my Tab S3, the same thing still works perfectly fine with absolutely no glitch.

I have already tried the usual solutions such as restarting the phone, logging out and logging in to the Samsung account as well as OneDrive account, giving all possible permissions to OneDrive and Gallery app, clearing cache, etc; but the problem persists.

This integration from Samsung and Microsoft was very crucial for me as I work everything via MS OneDrive and this feature allowed me to bring my PC, tablet, and Phone on the same footing in terms of the data as all are synced via OneDrive.

Anyone facing similar issues? What could be the possible solution? 

PS: My Note 10+ is updated to the latest update to the date of asking this query. And I have premium OneDrive with tons of GB space free and half of my local phone storage free as well.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gallery not syncing on OneDrive in Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you following all of the steps here? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Says my gallery was last synced on February 6th, clicked sync a million times. I can see that it manage to upload some video every now and then into OneDrive, but they don't show up in recently synced. I have 80Gb of 121Gb backed up, not feeling so secure here... Smiley SadSmartSelect_20200310-145839_Samsung Cloud.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a try to submit feedback: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f81a...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi

This is most frustrating!!

I thought that all my problems were answered when Samsung decided to use onedrive to sync the photos, however it is causing me great frustration due to its very buggy sync behavior. 

Basically it does not update pictures in onedrive which have need updated! Modified time stamp has changed appears not to be monitored. 

Like you onedrive is my picture database and my pc is my editing platform, my viewing platform however is android and this is not working due to the gallery/cloud sync issue. 

As I see i am not the only one having this problem could Samsung/ Microsoft  please fix it, at the moment it is not usable for serious users. 

This is basic functionality and not rocket science. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you following all of the steps here? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution worked for me.

Folders in my SD CARD were not being syncing to Onedrive.

I followed the steps above and now it is working fine again.

My phone is a Note 10+ Exynos version

Thank you!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 10+ having the same issue after integrated with OneDrive. I tried the proposed solution but nothing working. I got 1TB storage in my OneDrive but cannot use. SAMSUNG and Microsoft OneDrive, Please solve it for us. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you allow Samung Gallery to intergrate with Onedrive it won't sync from the SD card anymore if that is where you save your photos. I don't know why Samsung didn't resolve this first as all of my photos are saved on my SD card automatically.  You either have to manually transfer the photos over from the SD card to the camera folder on your device to sync to OneDrive or remove the Samsung account from your OneDrive Microsoft account by going into the security options. Once you have done this you can then log back into OneDrive and it will sync from the SD card automatically, however Samsung Gallery will only back up to Samsung Cloud and won't be synced with your OneDrive account.  I hope they sort this out soon as it defeats the purpose of having these accounts linked together for easy useability.