cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Google play store

i hace these problem where the downloads don't start downloading, it stucks at either waiting for download or certain percentage . This problem occurs only is some app not all of them and it occurs  a lot in updates . 

So i talked to google support and samsung support even my internet provider , tried everything out there in websites nothing helped ,

From clearing the chache to factory reset and even changing my internet provider and switching between 4g and wifi . 

I have note 10 with the latest updates , my friend told me that there is a problem similar to mine in new S20 and it's unsolvable .

So is there any way i get my phone to download apps normally from the google  play store or should i take it to the warranty 

And is it a software or a hardware issue . 

I forgot to say that it happens with the same apps like clash royal stuck at 94 every time and i tried to download it 6 times since i bought the phone and it always stuck at 94 so eventually i i h to download it from the web . 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Google play store

This happens when you're is locked correct? Try this. Go into your settings Menu> the scroll down to "apps" then tap on that> from there what you'll want to do is set the checkmark from "enabled" to "all"> then you'll want to scroll down all your apps you have installed till you find the Google Playstore app.> tap on that the scroll down to "change system settings" and toggle that on. 

What this should do is enable the Google play store to work in the background instead of being put to sleep when the screen is not turned on. This may impact your battery performance some, give it a try and see how that works out for you. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

it happens no matter what and i already tried that . 

Anyway thanks for replying

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have noticed this happen with my Note 10 often but I didn't think it was an actual issue. I thought it was just my wifi that loses internet for a short period and the downloading begins again. I am still not sure if this is still a problem with phone or my wifi. Since, I almost never download stuff from playstore it never bothers me. I don't think samsung will resolve such subjective issues which they can easily dismiss by blaming your wifi or the app itself even if the problem is with the phone itself. So, just live with it. 😔

Highlighted
Asteroid

So there is nothing to do at all ? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Using warranty would be the last solution. UbreakIfix can reflash the software for free. If that doesn't work you will have to mail your phone to samsung. I don't think my playstore messes up as bad as yours. My apps stop downloading for a while but eventually I am still able to download them from playstore. Many apps are also available in Galaxy Store as well (not all). So try downloading from Galaxy Store if you have not tried already. Thats all there is to it unfortunately. It is most likely a software issue not hardware.