cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Grainy/Blurry Camera Images

I figured I would post on my own about my images being noisy and blurry when taken on my Note 10+ - whether I'm shooting in regular photo mode or pro mode with the iso cranked way down, images are still grainy - using the stock camera app. I have had this phone less than a month and I'm really starting to regret it because I use my phone for work to take social media images. My Pixel 1 took more crisp images. Is there something wrong with camera or is it just bunk? 

15 REPLIES 15
Constellation

Re: Grainy/Blurry Camera Images

I am so sorry, did you upgraded it an Oxygen OS...?!

Highlighted
Asteroid

No oxygen os, just using the stock android os

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data for the stock camera app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have! I still get images that appear grainy. Even in well lit situations, the ISO data on my images is upwards of 600. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms in all camera modes or specific camera modes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately all camera modes seem to exhibit the same lack of detail and sharpness. I did some testing across various modes this morning with side by side comparisons to a pixel 2 and found that the pixel 2 was taking much clearer pictures. I do product photography with traditional dslr and regularly use manual shooting so I can knowledgeably manipulate the pro mode settings, which makes it that much more disappointing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

As a moderator, is there any further advice you are able to give? I am really disappointed if this is the end of the line. I see a lot of folks having this same issue and it would be nice to get some further insight. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userREHccIeioI Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately, a safe mode start up revealed no third party app culprits. I genuinely hope that my phone is defective and this doesn't have something to do with the processing on this phone.

Is there anywhere to go from here? Do I call Samsung? Thanks!