cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
users6SAu62e3R
Constellation

Group messaging

Since update I have to create a new group in order send messages in group..I tried leaving group and starting a new one now I cant send messages at all its shows greyed out

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Group messaging

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out. What type of device are you using? Who is your service provider? Also, are you using the stock messaging app?

userl2LsnBW0gQ
Astronaut

I am experiencing exact same thing on my Galaxy note 9 at...

I am experiencing exact same thing on my Galaxy note 9 at&t variant. Any help would be greatly appreciated

lBlackwell94
Cosmic Ray

Att note 9 here. Also having problems with messaging. Adv...

Att note 9 here. Also having problems with messaging. Advanced messaging hasn't worked for days since update neither have chatbots.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Att note 9 here. Also having problems with messaging. Adv...

Hello @userl2LsnBW0gQ and @lBlackwell94,

Are you using the stock messaging app when this is happening? Also, try wiping the cache partition on your device. See if that helps.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

lBlackwell94
Cosmic Ray

Yes. Stock samsung messages app here. Just wiped the cach...

Yes. Stock samsung messages app here. Just wiped the cache and issue is still there. Several posts I read on the internet said the latest update for att note 9 was to add advanced messages and a security patch. I've had advanced messages forever now. What was there to add?

lBlackwell94
Cosmic Ray

Also the "installing system update" initial screen was on...

Also the "installing system update" initial screen was on my phone for maybe half a second. If that's even what it said. It went away so fast I couldnt begin to read it. Then it gave me the menu like you said where I found wipe cache.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Also the "installing system update" initial screen was on...

@userpUbxp2tsHU Try force stopping and clearing the cache on the messaging app.

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "show system apps" > find Messages > force stop > storage > clear cache.

lBlackwell94
Cosmic Ray

Done. Same problem still. When I click any "chatbot" it a...

Done. Same problem still. When I click any "chatbot" it always says "there was a problem connecting. Try again later"

I can still send txt and mms but no typing notifications or delivered/read receipts.

Mobile data still works with no problems. I still get the option to turn advanced messaging on and off in txt settings etc. It just doesnt work. I've even put a diff sim card in my phone to see if maybe it was something to do with my service but still got the same result. I've text 3 different samsung phones all of which I have txt with advanced messaging before.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Done. Same problem still. When I click any "chatbot" it a...

@lBlackwell94 I would try reaching out to your carrier.