JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Headphone jack is loose and cuts off!

(Topic created: 08-25-2019 08:01 AM)
userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So my (USB) TYPE-C headphone jack moves alot up and down but very snug side side! Whenever im listening to music and something bumps or taps the cord where it enters the input. The music cuts off and my screen turns on. I literally have to pull my phone out of my pocket just to turn the screen off. Anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have a loose input jack moving up & down?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
userEtq1nWKzZa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine does this too -- its so frustating.

usereYEwNFaDAB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue.  The plug stays in the phone, but the slightest wiggle causes the sound to cut off.  Sometimes it causes the phone speaker to pick up what I'm playing, other times nothing happens until I unplug the headphones and plug them back in.  It is very annoying.  

userBTSIuYXDQc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Any update from samsung mods or samsung on the hardware issue people are having with the headphones? Mine also cuts out and pauses music and videos with the slightest movement to the cable.

Is this a known issue?  Is it worth getting a replacement phone or even returning phones and getting a differnt  brand if samsung doesnt want to address it?

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It is not a known issue by means that Samsung is doing anything special for it. If the phone needs repairs you can seek repairs under warranty by messaging one of the mods directly or by using one of the methods @VerbumVeritum posted above. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userefEKFcabAT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Man I thought I was the only one with that issue... I got both the S10 plus and the Note 10 plus my wife has the Note 10 plus as well.. now when I bought my Note 10 plus at At&t I got in the car with my ol lady n i started downloading my spotify music n I'm a bass head so i go to YouTube n put on some decaf bass remixes ect and I wanted to see if there was a sound diff between my ceramic white 512gig 12g ram S10 plus and my new at the time shiny Aurora glow Note 10 plus. And at first everything was good but within 15 mins it started cutting out n the music would shut off over n over and the Earbuds felt lose.. and it has done it ever since I bought the notes in October now the same USB-c earbuds work in my S10 plus flawlessly no issues and I bought a usb c to 3.5MM dongle n tried that in my note 10 plus and same thing it was tighter tho but still cut off when moved a certain way.. so I'm guessing it's the ports man.. my wife's her note 10 plus dont have that issue she goes to gym n jogs ect with hers and no cut offs so I guess it effects only some and me n you n some others got the ugly end of the stick with it man.. 

0 Likes
userhN5o37VDDr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Happened with me as well, USB c is loose and cuts out power and pauses any video when it is shorted inside , this is happening on my brand new note 10 plus

0 Likes