JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Headphone jack is loose and cuts off!

(Topic created: 08-25-2019 08:01 AM)
userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So my (USB) TYPE-C headphone jack moves alot up and down but very snug side side! Whenever im listening to music and something bumps or taps the cord where it enters the input. The music cuts off and my screen turns on. I literally have to pull my phone out of my pocket just to turn the screen off. Anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have a loose input jack moving up & down?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userFJXCAsQgWj I seriously believe Geno wanted clarification about which device you were referring to due to the fact that indeed no one calls the USB-C plug a 'headphone jack'. I don't think he was trying to troll you or be unprofessional. As for your problem, I would recommend you reach out to your local UBreakiFix and have your device inspected:

https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/faqs/

View solution in context

15 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userFJXCAsQgWj 

I think everyone here is having an even more serious issue... Our headphone jacks are missing all together:D Anyway, I assume you're not talking about a Note10 or Note10+, so what Device are you asking about? This is a Note10 board.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Geno71

Note 10+ and yes I understand the actual headphone jack is none existant!?!?!? There is only 1 input jack which is USB type C so I guess I should've said USB type C headphone jack!!! Hopefully that's better and more understandable! 

userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm blown away how fast this guy responded just to troll me!!! Where you @ Geno???

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey no offense, but You clearly stated you had a loose headphone jack on your Note10. I honestly thought there must have been a mistake as it's the one thing everyone's been talking about since the phone was announced... The fact that it's the first Galaxy model with no headphone jack. The USB-C has never been referred to as "headphone jack", by anyone. So please forgive me, but I think it was reasonable of me to assume you were talking about a different phone. And if you misspoke, it's all good, just correct it, and we're good to go.

Now that we're back on track. How old if your phone and are you using the included cable with it? Just to clarify, your UBS-C cable goes in and out too easily, even the included one, correct?

Personally I have the opposite experience, I have to apply a little bit of force to get the cable out. It doesn't feel like there is anything wrong with it, it just feels tight.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok so there is 1 input jack! Headphones plug into it! What would you call it? Just because it's not 3.5mm it doesn't mean it's not a headphone jack! Next time don't assume and be professional!

Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userFJXCAsQgWj I seriously believe Geno wanted clarification about which device you were referring to due to the fact that indeed no one calls the USB-C plug a 'headphone jack'. I don't think he was trying to troll you or be unprofessional. As for your problem, I would recommend you reach out to your local UBreakiFix and have your device inspected:

https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/faqs/

userFJXCAsQgWj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok maybe he wasn't trolling. Let's be honest, a professional wouldn't assume anything. They would remain professional by not laughing and asking probing questions to get clarification. I appreciate your opinion though!

Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It sounds like a worn USBc port, but... the note 10 is a new device that shouldn't have that issue. ... but I don't have the note 10 or it's plus cousin....

stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Here is Samsung's official use of the USB-C port/connector:

Use headphones or audio adapters

The Note10 includes AKG headphones that have a USB-C connector. Just connect the headphones into the USB-C port on your phone – the same one your charger goes in. You can also use Bluetooth headphones to listen to everything without wires.

Note: When using dual adapters to charge and listen to audio at the same time, the adapter may overheat and cause audio or charging issues. Use only Samsung adapters and accessories with your phone.

Stanl56
Samsung Care Ambassador
Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-988U1)
on AT&T
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."