JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Headphone sound issues

(Topic created: 09-09-2019 01:45 AM)
usernYaAy67ZLE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have note 10+and having audio issues with both Bluetooth headphones and supplied USB c headphones. It's staticky at times, cuts in and out and eventually stops playing, always after the screen times out but will sometimes cut off otherwise even while using the phone. I've tweaked a bunch of my settings and nothing fixed it. And it happens with all music sources, Boom, Spotify and Pandora. Anyone else having this issue?

6 Replies
Samsung_hWPYLeu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a S10+ and lately while talking on my bluetooth it will disconnect from my phone on it's own. I will connect it back to the phone and shortly after that it would disconnect from the phone again. I'm not sure why all of sudden it start doing that.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you know if this still happens with the stock music app in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usernYaAy67ZLE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't know what the native music app would be. No music player is active in safe mode. 

0 Likes
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@usernYaAy67ZLE wrote:

I don't know what the native music app would be. No music player is active in safe mode. 

Native music app he probably meant samsung music(Galaxy store has it).

Try this: go to settings>tap on magnifying glass and search for Optimize battery usage.  Once there, on the top it says "apps not optimized", tap it and select all.  Now from the list below, switch off your music apps that you use.  See if this will improve your listening experience.

usernYaAy67ZLE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I never even knew that Samsung had a music player. Crazy. No need for that testing, though. 

You're suggestion for switching off the app battery optimization did it. You are a genius. I had fooled with the basic battery optimization but forgot all about the app specifics. 

Thank you so much!!!! You've saved me and, potential others a lot of frustration, time and headache (and Samsung too). 

Can't thank you enough!!!!!!

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@usernYaAy67ZLE wrote:

I never even knew that Samsung had a music player. Crazy. No need for that testing, though. 

You're suggestion for switching off the app battery optimization did it. You are a genius. I had fooled with the basic battery optimization but forgot all about the app specifics. 

Thank you so much!!!! You've saved me and, potential others a lot of frustration, time and headache (and Samsung too). 

Can't thank you enough!!!!!!

Happy for you!  Hope future software updates won't screw things up.

0 Likes