cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt943
Constellation

Home / app switcher button and notification disappear

Hey All,

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Whenever I plug my note 10+ into charge, the home and app switcher buttons disappear from the bottom of the phone. The buttons can not be used at all. The only button still there is the back button. Also the swipe down function to get the notification menu / bar to come down from the top stops working. 

The only way I've found to resolve this is to restart the phone.

Sometimes it will eventually come back on if i let the phone sit for a while, but I can't find any sure way to reproduce or force it to come back.

I checked many of the settings to make sure nothing changed. If I change from buttons to gestures, the home and app switcher button/swipe still dont work.

Not sure what else to try besides resetting the entire device to factory.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Home / app switcher button and notification disappear

Do you have "Screen saver" enabled? 

You can check at Settings -> Display -> Screen saver 

Matt943
Constellation

Screen saver is off.

EDIT:

Just an update too, I think it has something to do with the One UI Home app. Maybe some type of crash?

I just got everything to load back up after messing around in the settings. ***I removed this portion because I had the steps in the wrong order. Couldn't reproduce getting it back from playing around in the settings. Went through the galaxy store app and ran a few updates. Came back again once the updates started.

Once I plugged it into charge, same issue occurs.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using any third-party launchers? When you plug your phone in what screen shows?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.