cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user214AyBzT98
Constellation

How can I set picture quality on Note10+?

I can change resolution for videos in the camera app but not photos. Everything is up to date.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How can I set picture quality on Note10+?

Open the camera, select settings then scroll down for front and rear camera options. I believe there is an option there to change the resolution settings.

Siggystyle
Constellation

I am also having the issue of no options to set picture quality/resolution in the photo section of the camera app settings... It is there for video, but there are NO options for photo resolution changes... Is there some other location for this?? It ONLY allows for aspect ratio altering/changes, but not photo resolution...

user7qApSFq8QI
Constellation

SamsungRei, there are no option where you say on the Note 10/+. It is a shame that Samsung forgot about the very important option. My Note 9 has this setting.

userpAwH8M8iLJ
Astronaut

Nope, not there, if it were as simple as that nobody would be asking the question.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user214AyBzT98 hi there! The only way to change image resolution is to change the aspect ratio. Here is a screenshot:Screenshot_20190824-215741_Camera.jpg

Panther6834
Constellation

That doesn't change "image resolution"...that changes aspect ratio.  They are NOT the same thing...not even close to the same thing.

MisterWompus
Constellation

You are correct, but it seems that changing aspect ratio does determine your image resolution... 3:4 gives you a resolution of 4032x3024. 16:9 gives you 4032x2268, this seems to be the only way to change photo quality through the settings. 

MisterWompus
Constellation

Changing your aspect ratio to 3:4 will give you maximum quality, 12 megapixel photos. 

Panther6834
Constellation

But, we should STILL be able to change the resolution, no matter what aspect ratio we choose. Again, some websites only allow a maximum image size. By bring able to lower the image resolution, it's possible to take photos that meet those website's maximum allowable. While damaging made several upgrades to the Note 10 & Note 10 Plus, they also "downgraded" some things.