cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
users3K7DEHvlG
Asteroid

How to View or Cancel Scheduled Text Messages

I have created a scheduled text message, but now, I can't find it to change the time or recipients.

Where do I see scheduled text messages to revise them?

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to View or Cancel Scheduled Text Messages

The message should be in your list of messages in the app. There would be a small symbol of a clock next to it to show it is scheduled. To edit the message or delete it, touch the message and hold it for options.

users3K7DEHvlG
Asteroid

It is not....once you close that schedule text (as it will appear gray with a clock next to it before closing out of the message) , it doesn't appear anywhere.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@users3K7DEHvlG

I just tested this on my S9. I opened a conversation, typed in the text, set the time to send two hours from now and then tap the send icon. It adds it to the bottom of conversation in a grey color. If I want to send it right away, edit or delete it I tap the small clock icon.

If you're not seeing this you might try clearing the cache files for the Samsung messages app. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

users3K7DEHvlG
Asteroid

close the message app....then reopen it....do you see your 'scheduled message'?....I do not.

I have cleared cache and restarted the phone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@users3K7DEHvlG

Yes I have opened the conversation, closed it and closed the messages app multiple times and it's still there waiting to send. I also edited it, added more text, changed the scheduled time tap send. It's still there waiting. Another option that clears up some issues after a system update is to wipe the system cache partition. As a last resort you can always backup your messages to Samsung cloud and clear the cache and data. Set the messages app back up and test schedule messages.

Thanks,

CLF 

Samsung_PoOYadZ
Astronaut

??

users3K7DEHvlG
Asteroid

I have found the solution....on single person text scheduling, you merely open that person's text conversation.    While on a group of persons that you scheduled, you must retype in the same group of persons (in any order), ONLY THEN will that scheduled text appear.   yay!