cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userg0rKOsULCi
Constellation

How to turn off charging progress screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a note 10 plus and whenever I charge it there's very bright text on the bottom of the screen telling me how much the battery has charged and how much time is left till its fully charged and it never turns off. How do you turn this off? The always on screen setting is already set to off and notifications for charging have been set to off but it's still there. I have to cover the phone at night to get a dark room but this can make the phone heat up so I don't want to be doing it constantly 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yarnsrj
Halo

Re: How to turn off charging progress screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a temporary fix and will post shortly. I didn't post from my phone. Please check my most recent post for my workaround further down in this posting. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung_yUrYbvS
Astronaut

How do you put the voice montor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you put the voice montor

userf0NYsiUzqN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to figure out as well, because last night I have charged my phone over night and now I have a screen burn in issue. The battery shape iron is on my screen whatever I do. Nothing happened on my note9, and this is not acceptable. Does anyone have the same issue as me, please speak up.

Yarnsrj
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Until there's an update to turn this off, I guess I'll be charging my phone with the "power off"to help avoid possible screen burn in.

smithlucy53
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually there is no in built option to turn it off but with the help of the app made by Samsung it is possible to turn that display off. You can download the app named "Good Lock App" from galaxy store.
Under its style section, you can select the style you like by pressing it long to edit.
There you will find an "Item Visibility" option, you can unselect the help text that will help you to turn off the charging display.
You can also have more features that are missing in your android device.

Download Alexia App
LostStonerBoy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@smithlucy53 wrote:

Actually there is no in built option to turn it off but with the help of the app made by Samsung it is possible to turn that display off. You can download the app named "Good Lock App" from galaxy store.
Under its style section, you can select the style you like by pressing it long to edit.
There you will find an "Item Visibility" option, you can unselect the help text that will help you to turn off the charging display.
You can also have more features that are missing in your android device.

This does not work! I have personally tried it, what you don't mention  is after downloading "goodlock" you also have to download "lockstar" then go under style.

However even after I set a completely black background and made everything invisible while wireless charging it still shows the charging stats.

Yarnsrj
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a temporary fix and will post shortly. I didn't post from my phone. Please check my most recent post for my workaround further down in this posting. 

View solution in original post

userBSkXc1LV79
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was helpful! Thank you! Just have to make sure to let the screen time out and don't lock the screen when you begin charging!

Yarnsrj
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190917-102112_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20190917-101800_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190917-102206_Photo Screensavers.jpg20190917_101530.jpg

Thanks to my buddy Toenail_flicker on another forum, we have a workaround

He told me to enable a "Black Screensaver". It took me a minute to figure it out so here goes... Follow the screenshots I included to visualize what I'm talking about.

1. Take a "Black" picture preferably of a dark room. Then creat a folder in your Gallery solely to put this picture in. I called my folder Blank Screensaver to make it easy to find. Put your black picture in this folder.

2. In your phone's settings, Go to "Display and then Screensavers"  and Enable Screensaver. Then you will see for options to choose from, select the "Photo Frame" option and open the settings. Look for your folder you created and select only that folder. Mine was Blank screensaver, and this folder contains my black picture.

That's it, you're done. You can see my phone on the charger and no notification displayed at the port end.

*** MAKE SURE YOU LET THE PHONE'S SCREEN TIME OUT INTO SCREENSAVER MODE....When you go to put your phone on the charger wireless or plug in, make sure the screen is "ON" and not turned off or on sleep mode because you need the Screensaver to kick in for this workaround to work**

Hope this helps until SAMMY puts out an update to turn the charge display off.

LostStonerBoy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not work on my Note 10+ plus.

I followed all of the instructions  to listed, when I put it on the wireless charger, or regular charger, wait 5 mins and still see this. So clearly not a valid solution. IMG_20191019_055043.jpgNote 10+ plus wireless charging display