cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@pmjeterjr Could you please provide a brief 'tutorial' on how you were able to fix this issue using CCSWE? I too was a bit nervous about installing and using this app after I read the privacy policy and permissions.

Many thanks in advance for considering my request! Smiley Happy

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After installing the program, I opened it up went to Always on Dispaly , opened it up then went to services , then chose Battery alert hide intent service and clicked it, to open it and at bottom of screen chose disable service then went to PluginAOD and opened it and chose disable service.  and that was it.   hopefully that helped. 

userUgZWeOtdh6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank you for the workaround, I read about do the same using odb instead the app. 

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but what is odb, seems like I should know but I do not or the letters are not helping me recall. Thanks

@userUgZWeOtdh6 wrote:

thank you for the workaround, I read about do the same using odb instead the app. 

geapgr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is a totally unacceptable fail! any suggestions of using a bixby routine fail. the only thing that works is to turn the phone completely off and then start charging. Plus, i'm not sure if you opt to keep the phone open and charge having activated the featured to keep the screen closed when it is on a pocket or a pouch. i can only hope they come up with a patch for this very soon, or else our very expensive investment will go down the drain with screen burn

Highlighted
userG0P9AoX20k
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It also shows battery status on lock screen, when charging normally, it's hard to sleep when it lights up the room 

userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@pmjeterjr  I downloaded CCSWE and disabled the services that you outlined. It does fix the problem, in a way... The charging/battery status no longer appeared on the AOD, however on my device it completely disabled the AOD... Which is something that I actually do use. I have it scheduled to turn off at night and turn back on in the morning. This service was completely disabled even though it appeared to be on when I looked in settings for lock screen--with no response when tapping it. I decided to re-enable all of these functions in the CCSWE app, but to no avail. I had to uninstall the app in order to regain the AOD functionality. I guess I'm just stuck with things the way they are, until Samsung decides to send us a patch to fix this oversight in the UI. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath, huh?

Thanks for your help. 

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry it did not work yout for you. I do not like the AOD so did not know it locked out all of the choices.   Sometime I really wish Samsung would leave settings alone. 

user75490cqnB6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This 100% needs resolving for the fact it's so bright in a dark room. Ridiculous this wasn't identified in testing on a premium phone.

user3rxSbDeOOM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey buddy I found a temporary fix it's stupid but if you want good sleep I'd advise getting a secondary alarm not using your phone. Just turn your phone off and let it charge the screen won't show that annoying charging AOD anymore that's only thing I can say till samsung fixes it