cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sll1313
Constellation

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

First I hope you guys can help me.  I’ve tried to reply on everyone on the second page and forward and it won’t work it give me “Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.”. Why?  And how do I fix this?

Second, I really like Good Lock, and I think I’m quite familiar with it, but I can’t figure out how you would use it to get rid of this message.  How are you suggesting to use this in order to accomplish this?  Which app in there are you using?  In addition, why is Routines in there so much better than the one that’s in our phone?  Unfortunately, Smart Lock Trusted Places is still not great so I used Routines to recognize my WiFi so it would keep my phone unlocked when I’m at home.  Unfortunately the Routines that’s built into our phone wants to use the location, which I’m guessing will use even more battery life.  So I would love to accomplish this the way I had it before, using my WiFi connection.  Anyone have any ideas?  I’d greatly appreciate it.

Lastly, I don’t have an actual solution to fix this.  However, I do have a bandaid to accomplish what I think most want without turning off you phone.  If you take a picture/screenshot (can even download a wallpaper) of something completely/entirely black.  The put that in its own album.  Now turn on the screensaver and use the picture frame option.  Then choose that picture.  Now when you charge you phone either wirelessly or not, don’t turn off the screen.  Just let the phone fall asleep on it’s own.  It will trigger the screensaver and you screen will be black.  

You can also also play around with this. I even use the phone’s Routines options for my phone to recognize when it’s charging and I’ll put it in landscape mode automatically and lower the brightness (or use AOD screen) if I’m charging when I’m not asleep and I want to see something on the screen.  This does work well.  Now the way to get the phone black is obviously just a workaround, but the other features are also good features.  I don’t understand why it doesn’t act like my Note 8 that would tell you how long and then go away in a few seconds.  I have to look at my wife’s S10+ to see if she has the same issue with that message.

i really hope that helps!  I also look forward to hearing from you on my 2 questions.  Obviously I really need to know the answer to one of them or I may have issues helping in the future.

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

I would like the option to have this off also. I do not know why it is not an option. I would also like to know why I can not remove the clock from the lock screen, and to have nothing at all showing on the status bar at the top of the screen. These were all options on the Note 8 and now gone on our Note 10+'s dissapointed with all of this being removed. 

DeeX
Asteroid

Using CCSWE to disable AOD will fix this. 

This is different than disabling AOD via the settings menu. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ccswe.appmanager.samsung&hl=en_US

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

Thanks I ended up using CCWE It did take care of teh always on battery status.   I also used it to hide a few apps lol. 

Bigmo555
Constellation

Use Good Lock. It'll allow you to customize your Note wit...

Use Good Lock. It'll allow you to customize your Note with anything! It should be a required download, and it's from Samsung so it's fully supported

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

Re: Use Good Lock. It'll allow you to customize your Note wit...

This should be built into the settings you should not have to download it. Thanks! It worked for my notification bar... not to find where to turn off the charging status while charging. I do not like that to be on either... These options should never have been taken out. Thanks again!

userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

Were you able to remove the charging information from the AOD using CCSWE? I have tried Good Lock app and that has had no effect on the issue. Please tell us how you were about to remove the charging information prompt.

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

I have not tried using CCSWE the rights it wants makes me nervous. Then other one is from samsung so I tried it first. No it did not remove the battery status from the lock screen . I think it is crazy they did not give us that option to do it ourselves.   

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

I could not stand it any more I installed ccswe and yes it worked..... They (Samsung needs to fix this we should not have to download an app to make this happen)

userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

@pmjeterjr Could you please provide a brief 'tutorial' on how you were able to fix this issue using CCSWE? I too was a bit nervous about installing and using this app after I read the privacy policy and permissions.

Many thanks in advance for considering my request! Smiley Happy