cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH0HhnlAezX
Cosmic Ray

How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

I just got the Note 10 a few days ago and despite having the always on display turned off it still displays the "charging time remaining" text on the bottom of the always on display while wirelessly charging. I dont know if this also happens while charging with a cable as I haven't tried it. I know it's not a huge deal but I turned off the AOD and would prefer not to have that text at the bottom if possible and I couldn't find a setting for it. Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

Hey @userH0HhnlAezX, I hope you're doing well

At this time, this is not configurable. If you're concerned with AMOLED burn in, the text and battery icon do shift pixels every so often. (It may be hard to tell but I've tested and watched this for about two weeks. I will ask a moderator to flag this post as a feature suggestion.

@SamsungCole @SamsungAdam  @SamsungRei can one of you awesome moderators please flag this post as a feature suggestion

Essentially, the charging information remains on the Always On Display (AOD) regardless of AOD being on/off.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user8xzzRDQMyi
Constellation

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

Thank you! This would be so much better so the phone isn't the only thing lighting up the room.  It's driving me nuts plus the worry of burn in even if n/a it's way too expensive of a phone.

userf6hkUNChRN
Asteroid

This absolutely needs to be fixed! I posted yesterday with similar concerns to the other individuals who have posted on this board.

The prompt is very bright--quite disturbing in a dark room if one is trying to sleep. Please escalate this, developers need to send us an update that will provide us with the option of disabling the charging information on the AOD. The phone is too expensive to have this type of software design flaw. I expect to use this device for at least 2-3 years given what I have paid for it.

Thank you.

userPbv7KbrZ09
Constellation

Please do fix this. It's been driving me nuts at night as well. Lots of us charge at night in dark rooms, and it's a user experience point that is very dismal in an otherwise great phone.  I'd rather not use 3rd party apps to correct the issue.

geapgr
Asteroid

this is a totally unacceptable fail! any suggestions of using a bixby routine fail. the only thing that works is to turn the phone completely off and then start charging. Plus, i'm not sure if you opt to keep the phone open and charge having activated the featured to keep the screen closed when it is on a pocket or a pouch. i can only hope they come up with a patch for this very soon, or else our very expensive investment will go down the drain with screen burn

please do nottreat this as a feature suggestion but a) as a need to change a fault and b) with the utmost severity

userV2PMF1PHjx
Asteroid

I am much more concerned with the annoying light keeping me awake every night of my life.  We shouldn't have to choose between charging our phones overnight and sleeping.  Nobody at Samsung thought this might be a problem?  Please fix this stupid design flaw.

useriKtVYfSgiv
Constellation

Whoever decided to enable this feature should be forced to have this light shining directly in their face all night long. This has to be the stupidest thing I've come across in a long time. 

DmaxHeaven
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue, stinks cause it's just bright enough at night to disturb me while I'm sleeping as it sits on my nightstand, I need complete darkness to get a fulfilled sleep and I even have to put a post it note over the charge light on my charge pad to blot out the light. Hope they have an update soon to configure this, for now, a post it note over my note 10+ screen every night to help aid my sleep, lol

user2Ny49P1cxl
Astronaut

Totally agree. And with all the others too. Looking forward to a fix!!! Come on Samsung, you can do it.