cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3rxSbDeOOM
Constellation

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey buddy I found a temporary fix it's stupid but if you want good sleep I'd advise getting a secondary alarm not using your phone. Just turn your phone off and let it charge the screen won't show that annoying charging AOD anymore that's only thing I can say till samsung fixes it 

Samsung_TF1dWll
Constellation

Re: How to turn off "charging time remaining" text on AOD while wirelessly charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I already have burn in due to this. I can see discoloration on a plain white screen where the indicator sits. I guess Samsung is going to be replacing a lot of brand new phones! 

rikity
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, there needs to be a function to turn everything off while charging.  All of my previous phones get screen burn-ins from stuff like this.  My note 8 you can see where the weather and time displays were burning the screen, i would guarantee that the charging display while plugged in or qi charging will burn into the screen, even if it shifts pixels over time. 

userTdOGVstzSS
Constellation

2 things...what is AOD for? And 2 a burnt screen? I got t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 things...what is AOD for? And 2 a burnt screen? I got the Note 10 but am not tech savvy lol as you can probably tell

pmjeterjr
Cosmic Ray

Re: 2 things...what is AOD for? And 2 a burnt screen? I got t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AOD is Always on Display.... Burn in is when an image stays on a screen in same spot, after awhile it burns that image into the screen.   You will notice an outline of the image on your screen, even when that inage is no longer on screen. That is what some are worried about with an AOD. 

usermKU3h1Y5We
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Completely agree with this. My note 9, 8 and 7 didn't have this problem. Please either turn it off Samsung, make a timeout or give an option to cut it off entirely.

usersF8diFgGHs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How on earth is this a feature on a $1600 AUD AMOLED phone. I just switched from an apple after 10 years.. great phone samsung but if this isn't fixed ill be going straight back. Let me be the one to decide whether or not I want burn on my screen. Not you

Yarnsrj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/How-to-turn-off-charging-progress-screen/m-p/838990#M5290

I posted a workaround at this link. Please refer to the pos by Yarnsrj with pictures.

userIC8XGvPaQm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Hope this gets a fix.

userKeQvIJ6u7y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I found how to disable it, 
Go to 
Settings -> Display -> go to the bottom and search "Show charging information" 

Disable it and it will go away 

hope it is helpful