cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAwHrfAhD5b
Constellation

I bought a Note 10+ on samsung.com and received a used Note 10+

Title pretty much says it all. I already spoke with Samsung and they seemed like it was no big deal.

1. All of the previous owners phone information was still logged in. All gmail, facebook, google drive, google photos, etc. All logged in. There was no password to unlock the phone when turned on.

2. I thought it was super shady that I would purchase a brand new, unlocked phone from Samsung.com and receive a used one. Has this happened to anyone ever before? Makes me wonder how many times people receive refurbished phones thinking they are new. We would have never known if it had of shown up not logged in with the previous user.

3. Wasn't sure where else to post, so I started here. Super frustrating and the best the rep could tell me was, "huh, that's unusual. Sorry."

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Re: I bought a Note 10+ on samsung.com and received a used Note 10+

Wow that's insane. That definitely should not have ever happened. I'm sorry to hear that.

So they've not offered you a replacement NEW device?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there @userAwHrfAhD5b,

I would be happy to work alongside any process you have already started to resolve your concerns.

Can you please send me your order details receipt from the purchase via Private message?

You can message me directly here at this link:  http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Honored Contributor

@userAwHrfAhD5b wrote:

Title pretty much says it all. I already spoke with Samsung and they seemed like it was no big deal.

1. All of the previous owners phone information was still logged in. All gmail, facebook, google drive, google photos, etc. All logged in. There was no password to unlock the phone when turned on.

2. I thought it was super shady that I would purchase a brand new, unlocked phone from Samsung.com and receive a used one. Has this happened to anyone ever before? Makes me wonder how many times people receive refurbished phones thinking they are new. We would have never known if it had of shown up not logged in with the previous user.

3. Wasn't sure where else to post, so I started here. Super frustrating and the best the rep could tell me was, "huh, that's unusual. Sorry."

@userAwHrfAhD5b 

This doesn't sound good at all!  Aren't you able to return the device?  If you bought it on Samsung.com just go to the that page, log in to your account and under orders find your phone.  There will be return button which will initialte the return.  The downside of this is that you either would have to reset the device to factory, but it may ask you for that previous user's password OR sent it the way it is but just make sure 100% that Samsung rep records the info that the phone had previous account.  If they don't note that in the account that make a big mess.  Also before you send it back, use another phone to capture couple of videos of the phone where you show that this phone had an account on it when you bought it and you already spot to Samsung rep(name or #) and notified about this.

lpthomicdawg
Asteroid

Oh wow. That's some shady stuff. Maybe the person who mailed it helped themselves to your new phone.