cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kakarot
Asteroid

I just want to give a feedback regarding the new Galaxy Note 10

I am a die hard fan of Samsung smartphone. I started using samsung phone from Galaxy S6, then S8 then S9 and then finally switched to the mighty Galaxy Note 9 ❤️ We the power users love galaxy devices for all of its features! ❤️When apple started removing feature like removing the headphone jack, samsung proved that they can put a headphone jack with a full fledged stylus and even with big battery in a phone! Specially on the Note 9!! Hands down the most proudest moment of my Galaxy device experience! ❤️ Just love my Note 9! Words will fail to describe my love towards the Galaxy Note 9! ❤️

After that, Samsung made fun of apple's iPhones in various advertisement for removing the headphone jack which was totally right! Was so proud back then! But now they removed the headphone jack themselves on the New Note 10 today?! Like seriously?! Doesn't that make Samsung a clown now?! I am sorry to say but that broke my heart and thousands of users as a die hard fan of Samsung 💔 IMO, Samsung lost a great deal of brand reputation for mocking apple for removing headphone jack while Samsung did it eventually with the Galaxy Note 10! That's a shame to be honest! 😔💔

It was very un-professional for Samsung to mock apple for removing headphone jack in their million dollars ad campaign while they failed to deliver that promise of having the headphone jack in Note 10! If u can put a full fledged stylus in a phone, u can put a headphone jack too! I love Samsung, and will continue to do so... but this stupid decision of removing headphone jack just to sell some more stupid wireless earbuds broke my heart and changed my view on Samsung overall! 💔 Please, don't do this stupid things in future, i beg u! It's very hard to hate the company I love! 💔 That's all i had to say. 

11 REPLIES 11
stefano60
Asteroid

Re: I just want to give a feedback regarding the new Galaxy Note 10

right on. I still think samsung is ahead of the curve in many areas, but removing the headphone jack is simply RETARDED.

There is NO reason to do it, other than to try and push BT earbuds (by the way, i do own a couple of pairs of those, but if i want to 'quality' listen, i plug in my headphones - and never need to worry about them being charged or not).

This is very shortsighted and following what the geniuses at apple do is NOT a good strategy.

The fact they are even removing them from TABLETS shows how they completely lost it now.

SAMSUNG, DON'T BE DUMB, PUT THOSE JACKS BACK ON ALL YOUR DEVICES.

I will DEFINITELY pass on the Note 10.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@stefano60 I do see where you are coming from, you can still use wired headphones, however. I'm personally impressed with my Note 10+ UFS 3.0 is a big upgrade, and that is just the start. Removing the headphone jack isn't the end of the world and shouldn't be a primary factor when considering a phone, especially since wireless charging came around. If you have any questions regarding the device I, or one of the other Ambassadors, would be happy to answer them! 

stefano60
Asteroid

Thanks for your comment; I am sure it is an outstanding phone, i am just saying that removing the jack was/is a really dumb move; there is NO technical reason to do it, and leaving it there would make everybody happy. I really do not understand it, apple keeps making stupid mistakes (no jack, retarded notch) and their competitors, instead of taking advantage of the idiocy are lining up to make the same mistakes.

Jaquavis
Astronaut

Wow they messed up there the s10 has a headphone Jack tho...

Wow they messed up there the s10 has a headphone Jack tho so....

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Kakarot @stefano60  Just to get the information out here the 3.5mm headphone jack is still using analog sound although better than wireless headphone it is still analog. The USB-C headphone  is using high quaity Digital audio out quality. There is always a dongle for 3.5jack it is cheap now a days.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
stefano60
Asteroid

sorry, either way you deliver it to the headphones, it is digital, there is no analog sound coming from a digital device, and the WIRED version will always sound better.

I wish the guys at Samsung came clean and instead of coming up with all these excuses and explanations just honestly stated:

we took the headphone jack out because we want to push people to buy our BT earphones.

End of story. It worked for apple, they are trying to pull the same fast one.

No need to come up with outlandish explanantions (space, battery, 'better audio quality, it is all nonsense). 

The RIGHT way to do it is to LEAVE both options available!

amanda95
Galaxy

@stefano60 wrote:

sorry, either way you deliver it to the headphones, it is digital, there is no analog sound coming from a digital device, and the WIRED version will always sound better.

End of story.!

I agree.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@stefano60 If the original file format is high quality audio and you are using analog headphones the system will convert the audio out to analog. Try to search more the difference between analog and digital music when using analog headphones..

Bluetooth is improving its audio quality when qualcomm released Aptx-HD support on some devices but samsung is using Aptx not the HD one it may be in the future update. Aptx-HD bluetooth is about same as mp3 audio quality but again research on this one.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Kakarot 

I don't know about that man... talking about something they said 2-3 years ago IMO is irrelevant now. Steve Jobs famously stated that Apple will never make a phablet, and what is their most popular phone now? Are they clowns or hypocrites for changing their position on this? I think we can all agree it would have been incredibly stupid not to follow the trend. Just like anything else in life, businesses have to adapt and change to stay relevant. 2 years ago or so, Samsung, Google and others were making fun of Apple for removing a headphone jack... since then almost everyone followed and did the same. Do I wish they kept it? Sure. Do I think they made a wrong decision to remove it? No. They had to at some point, and the backslash is the same now or in 10 years, so might as well.

I bought a Google adapter and I was very surprised to find out the sounds quality is actually better with more detail and stronger bass. Yes I think Samsung should have included one in the box. Apple did. I believe Google did too with Pixel 3, but not only it's not in the box with Note10+, it's not even available for sale anywhere yet, so I had to purchase the one from Google.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1