cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Is having a slower note 10 necessary?

Screenshot_20200422-172258_3DMark.jpg

I hate bashing my own favorite company as I own multiple devices from them. But hear me out,I downloaded a benchmark too measure the  performance of my phone. I then received the following scores after the tests, the bottom shows the scores before the latest update and the top is after. As you can see a significant amount of performance is lost after I updated. My question is why doesn't Samsung tell us they are going throttle our devices? From this discussion I would like a reply (even though it will most likely be a lie) that can explain why this occurs. I know Apple got caught red handed and had to state it was a battery issue but come on Samsung as a company tell us up front when the customers are buying. I guess I kinda already knew they did slow our devices but I did not want to see it for myself and get give them benefit of the doubt because they are my favorite company. When taking these tests I made sure to put an ice bag over the phone to ensure the heat didn't affect performance... And of course I didn't let it get too cold. 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Is having a slower note 10 necessary?

@userN7UcyEKwqw 

And you got the same results every time? How many tests?

And how does this number affect your day to day life with the device anyway? How about other benchmarks, not just graphical performance?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Is having a slower note 10 necessary?

Thank you for running those benchmarks. It just puts actual stats to the obvious reduction in performance, especially for gamers such as myself.

Could Samsung perhaps address this now, or are we just going to continue to pretend that the update had nothing to do with it?