cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Keeping time

I recently got a Note 10.  For the first week or so I never really notice it not keeping time.  I have it to automatically change my date and time.  But it suddenly started changing the time and date by itself.  Like it said it was Aug 8th at 10:00pm when it was actually still July.  It messed with my alarms ( obviously) and my texts and pictures.  Its absolutely infuriating.  I actually sent the first one back as defective.  Now the replacement is doing the same thing.  I have not left my state. So there has been absolutely no time change.  I have found that my Note 10 will be accurate  and then I'll look at it an hour later and its 3 hours ahead.  I did find it I turn off auto time and date and then turn it back on again it resets itself. 

My husband has a S20 and has not had these issues.  I'm to the point I want to return the phone and get a different one.  I have always loved Samsung products but I'm starting to change my mind.  HELP 😭😭😭😭😭

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Keeping time

go into Settings--General Management--Date and Time and make sure the "Automatic Date and Time" slider is set to ON.

If that doesn't work have you had the SIM card awhile and transferred it from an older phone? If so request a new one from your carrier and see if that helps. My wife has a Note 10 and I have a Note 10+ and they work fine. I don't think you have 2 bad phones doing the same thing. But you may have a bad or outdated SIM card causing the problem with whatever phone it is inserted into.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Keeping time

Thank you.  I had not thought of that I will check into it!!