After updating to android 10 on my Note10+ the keyboard is missing. I couldn't restart because it needed a password, but I managed to restart using side buttons. Still no keyboard. I currently have an expensive brick in my pocket. Please help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@user5HClBV8PIZHere are the steps on how to place your phone into safe mode.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When 'Samsung' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- 'Safe mode' displays in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see 'Safe Mode.'
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
- Tap OK.
- The device restarts in normal mode.
Just to follow up, Going into safe mode allowed me to fix the problem. The issue was my 3ed party keyboard (Google handwriting keyboard) not working with the update. Going into safe mode allowed me to set the Samsung keyboard as default and that solved my problem. Hopefully my preferred keyboard will be fixed soon too.
Don't do a factory reset for this, it probably isn't necessary.
I'm not sure what you mean by safe mode but nothing can be accessed on the phone because we cant get passed the initial start up screen. We have to put a password in, biometrics dont work after a restart it has to be an actual password which requires the keyboard....
My Samsung keyboard also disappeared after my phone updated. There is no choice under default keyboard. I tried starting in safe mode, but I still can't choose a default keyboard. I don't have any third party keyboards downloaded. How do I get the Samsung keyboard back so I can use my phone?
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
@userzjRdmRqJej Have you tried your device in safe mode? The steps to test your device in safe mode were provided previously in this thread.
I've gone into safe mode. What do I do then? The Samsung keyboard isn't there. No keyboard comes up. How do I get the Samsung keyboard back? The update apparently deleted it for some unknown reason. Maybe Samsung should do another update that puts the keyboard back.
If you do not see the keyboard at all when the device is in safe mode I would recommend visiting a local uBreakiFix location so they can get a hands-on look at what is happening.
The same issue just happened to mine last night....... I've tried restarting it and everything else to no avail. I'm going to try and find a keyboard that I can plug in with the USB-C to USB adapter that came with the phone..... Otherwise I see no solution other than factoring resetting the phone. Thanks Samsung you guys really suck sometimes.