cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Lack of text sound notifications on Message Plus

Galaxy / Message plus: Since update I've seen myself and many other users complain there is no sound notification while you remain in that conversation. If you look away or put the phone down without closing out, you miss the replies. I'm about to upgrade to Note 10+ Has this been fixed? I quit iPhone over this same issue with their "swoosh" sound after missing important texts. Do not want to have to go back.

5 REPLIES 5
userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Re: Lack of text sound notifications on Message Plus

@userjvGubBG2rB  you're referring to the Verizon app, correct?  Message Plus 

In addition, I cannot find your reply here. I copy/pasted from my email. Hopefully you can tell me how to find your replies as well. 

userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

Test message 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userjvGubBG2rB 

Could you try tapping and holding down on the messages app. Once the mini menu pops up tap on info. Then tap on notifications. Then tap on the corresponding section where you get your sound from and see if a sound is selected or if it's on silent

userjvGubBG2rB
Cosmic Ray

As I said before, but my reply is lost somewhere, I only have two options when I press and hold the app. "Select Items" & "Remove from homescreen" 

My previous response was clear. This is not an issue with my phone. This is Samsung's new update. When the coversation is open it will no longer give a sound notification. This is crazy! When I send a text I want my phone to ring when someone replies. I don't always remember to close out of the app. It's driving me crazy checking my phone all day to make sure I closed out of all conversations for fear of missing an important text. Just make the phone ring. I have kids and dogs, I can't be staring at my screen during a conversation. I need to keep my eye on everyone so they don't get hurt. Think about how important that is for someone to hear a text message? Now think of how life changing something is when you miss a text? But when you spend $1000 on a phone and it gives you no option? That's absurd. 

I want a developer to respond to this and explain why they changed this and why they did it without notifying us so we could take responsiblity instead of just leaving us without a sound notification? 

Samsung_KuyN8IU
Astronaut

I upgraded from S8 to S10. Even tho it's set correctly to...

I upgraded from S8 to S10. Even tho it's set correctly to both sound & vibrate, I no longer receive text notification sounds!!