Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaRaS
Asteroid

Laggy/choppy animations after UI 2.0

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

Yesterday my phone (Note 10+) was updated to the latest version of Samsung UI 2.0 and it became terribly laggy. When switching to Recent or even swiping between screens on the home screen doesn't feel smooth at all.

I found a thread on Reddit where apparently uninstalling Norton helped to some users, unfortunately not me. 

Is it a known issue? How to fix it? Help Smiley Happy 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaRaS
Asteroid

Re: Laggy/choppy animations after UI 2.0

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

The issue was caused by Norton Password Manager Service.

Switch it off. 

Best regards, 

MaRaS 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MaRaS wrote:

Hello, 

Yesterday my phone (Note 10+) was updated to the latest version of Samsung UI 2.0 and it became terribly laggy. When switching to Recent or even swiping between screens on the home screen doesn't feel smooth at all.

I found a thread on Reddit where apparently uninstalling Norton helped to some users, unfortunately not me. 

Is it a known issue? How to fix it? Help Smiley Happy 

Try to wipe the cache partition :

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40661

Might help after an update.

MaRaS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

Unfortunately, wiping the cache partition did not help at all Smiley Sad

userYAT0u3GrJX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having exactly the same problem, and saw many users online complaining about the same thing online. For me, the app drawer and the recent apps menu are terribly lagging and choppy.. paid 1500$ to have the laggiest phone.. ridiculous. Fix it SAMSUNG.

Highlighted
userQ6ybm2ya5Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Especially the recent apps menu. It's choppy beyond belief. The device also hangs for seconds at a time when I try to use any augmented reality stuff, like the one in Google search (try searching for "cat" and click to see it in your own environment). Considering a factory reset if this doesn't resolve soon.

HanesDropper
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you enable developer options you can minimize the animation time to x.5 that's the best option to make you phone smoother and feel faster

TheRabbi
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's inconvenient, but you should always factory reset before major OS updates. Did you do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheRabbi wrote:

It's inconvenient, but you should always factory reset before major OS updates. Did you do that?

I'd say that would be a bit excessive. But you might have to wipe the partition cache afterwards.

userP4ngH6G6Py
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here, also affecting my Note 10+ after the Android 10 update, even after the January patch.  Both phones are Canadian versions.  Even after factory wipe with no apps installed the issues are there.  The animations are very janky, not smooth at all.  This is especialy visible when you swipe up and the app goes to minimize.

MaRaS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been a long time and no patch from samsung still. 

It's unbelievable that the flagship phone cannot handle some menu animations.

Are your developers and testers some newbies right after a university?

Please solve the problem as soon as possible. 

M.