cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I believe it was done for a bigger battery. But Geno71 is...

I believe it was done for a bigger battery. But Geno71 is probably right, worrying about it is useless. Technology has come a long way, and wireless is the future.

usergPeFZ3S8NA
Constellation

To make it thinner

To make it thinner

usergd4lv9Qo8o
Constellation

Re: To make it thinner

But who's asking it to be thinner? It's a Note. It's already large. If anything, phones should be thicker for larger batteries.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: To make it thinner

No we can be honest here. Companies do it to help sell wireless audio accessories most likely. As with many terrible tech decisions, we can thank Apple for this. Regardless, like I said before, what difference does "why" make? It's gone. And it's not that bad.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Djbotello
Constellation

For the people saying it's not a big deal... WELL MAYBE T...

For the people saying it's not a big deal... WELL MAYBE TO YOU, but for me I have 450 dollar headphones that sound amazing but use an aux sooooo it's huge flipping deal for me 🙄🙄🙄

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: For the people saying it's not a big deal... WELL MAYBE T...

@Djbotello wrote:

For the people saying it's not a big deal... WELL MAYBE TO YOU, but for me I have 450 dollar headphones that sound amazing but use an aux sooooo it's huge flipping deal for me 🙄🙄🙄

I get it, I have few very nice pairs myself, but at the end of the day, it can all be fixed with a $9 adapter. So IMO it's a minor inconvenience, but definitely not a "big deal". And believe me, your $450 headphones will sound even better this way. I was surprised by the very obvious improvement in sounds quality with USB-C vs 3.5 mm jack.

And I'm not an apologist, I've been saying removing the headphone jack was a terrible idea for months, on this very forum in fact, but since we can't change it, I decided to give it a chance, and it works. Change can be annoying, but we have to face it at some point. Why not right now?

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
DamitKim
Constellation

I have no clue, but I agree that it totally bites! Samsun...

I have no clue, but I agree that it totally bites! Samsung, please return the Jack!

Marcohernandez
Asteroid

So you can try the iphone 11 pro lol 😂

So you can try the iphone 11 pro lol 😂

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: So you can try the iphone 11 pro lol 😂

For its headphone jack? 😂

userDfhUubzEXZ
Astronaut

Simplicity

Simplicity