cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djbotello
Constellation

Let's talk about Jack...

Does ANYONE know why in the world Samsung removed the headphone jack on the note 10? This bothered me because I was thinking about upgrading, however, I love my headphone jack on my note 8.

24 REPLIES 24
unscperscom
Astronaut

For me since the device comes with earbuds it's not the w...

For me since the device comes with earbuds it's not the worst thing in the world. Also there are the wireless buds at the store.

SeanWonder
Constellation

I would say it was done for a better sound quality, with...

I would say it was done for a better sound quality, with extra water and dust resistance

Comet

I think wired devices are becoming obsolete. It's the las...

I think wired devices are becoming obsolete. It's the last of old tech to go isn't it? Besides complete audiophiles or people that can have their phone sitting right next to them while they work, most people use bluetooth now. I'd rather see that space for better water protection or some other type of tech I may use ..bigger battery, better speaker ....

Samsung_VsPLeiu
Astronaut

Yea they did away with the aux port on those,sorry

Yea they did away with the aux port on those,sorry

useryBDQmxMqNu
Constellation

If you can afford a NOTE 10 you should be able to afford...

If you can afford a NOTE 10 you should be able to afford some Bluetooth earbuds or headphones 🎧

Re: If you can afford a NOTE 10 you should be able to afford...

Guessing you don't fly since bluetooth isn't allowed during flights.   Sadly the aux port was an advantage for Samsung in my opinion.  One they apparently decided to give up.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: If you can afford a NOTE 10 you should be able to afford...

Bluetooth is allowed on flights just fine. As well as Wi-Fi. Only cellular has to be disabled, and even that is a gimmick and a lot of people don't use the airplane mode anyway, and we're all still fine.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Let's talk about Jack...

We could be speculating all day about it, but does "why"really matter? It's not coming back. And it's pretty much guaranteed it will be gone from the S11 generation as well. I was upset a little at first too, but after using the phone for over two weeks, it was actually really easy to adjust. Yes I had to buy an adapter, it cost me $9 at Best Buy. I use it in a car, and my wireless Galaxy Buds for earphones. The sound with the USB-C adapter is actually better, it's clear and loud and has better bass. And wireless headphones are just so convenient, it is the way to do it in 2019. We might as well start embracing it.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung_2OFJAvR
Astronaut

Haha g

Haha g